Chevron the kitten is sick...

Jul 17, 2019
Holland, MI
I have a kitten, well, one of my kittens... and his name is Chevron. When I was at the farm today, I noticed the guy was sick. Really sick.

The only thing he ate was a cat treat! I’m honestly not sure if he’ll last the whole week...

But the good thing is, he actually drank water! Wish him luck tonight, as I hope I can actually bring him to the vet tomorrow...

38FB49A4-3A65-47C7-A6AB-5CE5FFD2C8B6.jpeg (This is from yesterday, he looked even worse today...)

A0C1C8E4-3B17-42E4-9895-105BC9B9F8C9.jpeg (This is from last week, when it seemed one of his eyes failed.)

If any of you know what he might have, don’t be afraid to tell me. Or ask me for more details, because I will give them!

Sounds like a vet visit is in order. Anyway to bring him inside (quarantined of course) so he doesn't have to fight the cold? In my opinion, it's better to be proactive with sick cats instead of waiting too long before their kidneys start failing. Then it's a major uphill battle to good health! Good luck to you and him!

Sounds like a vet visit is in order. Anyway to bring him inside (quarantined of course) so he doesn't have to fight the cold? In my opinion, it's better to be proactive with sick cats instead of waiting too long before their kidneys start failing. Then it's a major uphill battle to good health! Good luck to you and him!

Update on Chevron? Did he make it?

He is still holding on...

Chevron hasn’t been eating, and is getting thinner. He also mews quietly when he sees me...

I would’ve taken him home by now, but my dad said no!

It would actually be bad to bring him home, because I already have a housecat... a housecat who prefers that she be the only cat in the house. And whatever he has could be contagious, and I don’t want her to get it...

Last edited:
You can force feed him. Get some all meat baby food. Put some on your finger and put it in his mouth. Chances are he will swallow it. Or you can use pieces of hamburger, tuna, or cooked egg yolk.

You can force feed him. Get some all meat baby food. Put some on your finger and put it in his mouth. Chances are he will swallow it. Or you can use pieces of hamburger, tuna, or cooked egg yolk.

I was able to feed him scrambled eggs yesterday! It happened to be my breakfast, and it was all I could use at the time, but it worked! I’ll try again tomorrow with some tuna...

Back
Top Bottom