Chick’s leg injured

Chickenupho

Songster
5 Years
Aug 28, 2018
So, today when I came home from school, one of my babies was limping. At first i didn’t think it was super major since she was running around, eating, and drinking but then i noticed blood. It’s her leg that’s been bleeding and there was blood in the coop. I think it may have been one of my other chicks so I’ve isolated her for now. Any suggestions????

I'm sorry about your chick.
How old is she?
Can you take a picture of her injury?

General care for an injury that's bleeding would be to wash or flush the affected area. Apply pressure to the wound to help stop bleeding. You can use warm soapy water (rinse well), saline, diluted betadine or chlorhexidine to wash out the wound.
Put some triple antibiotic ointment on the injury.

It's good that you are taking care of her. You isolated her - does that mean you removed her from the flock or just caged her within the run/coop? If possible, cage her in the coop or run so she can see the others.

Is she eating/drinking o.k.?

I'm sorry about your chick.
How old is she?
Can you take a picture of her injury?

General care for an injury that's bleeding would be to wash or flush the affected area. Apply pressure to the wound to help stop bleeding. You can use warm soapy water (rinse well), saline, diluted betadine or chlorhexidine to wash out the wound.
Put some triple antibiotic ointment on the injury.

It's good that you are taking care of her. You isolated her - does that mean you removed her from the flock or just caged her within the run/coop? If possible, cage her in the coop or run so she can see the others.

Is she eating/drinking o.k.?
Thank you for replying!! She’s now 7 weeks old and I’ve removed her from the coop completely. She seems to be eating and drinking for now. I’m in school right now so I’ll wash the wound once I get home. Thank you!

Thank you for replying!! She’s now 7 weeks old and I’ve removed her from the coop completely. She seems to be eating and drinking for now. I’m in school right now so I’ll wash the wound once I get home. Thank you!
When you get home from school can you take some photos?
If she is eating/drinking well and not too badly injured, if at all possible, cage her within the coop/run so she can be near the others. She will do better and it will be easier on her to rejoin the others when she heals.

When you get home from school can you take some photos?
If she is eating/drinking well and not too badly injured, if at all possible, cage her within the coop/run so she can be near the others. She will do better and it will be easier on her to rejoin the others when she heals.
Yup, will do, my mom hates the smell of chicken so she was emphasizing how I MUST cage her outside in the coop :lau

Back
Top Bottom