1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chick 4-5 weeks old VERY heavy breathing! Somebody PLEASE help!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Quiobole, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Quiobole

Quiobole Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2010
    Houston
    A few days ago my little chick got sick. He was sneezing and had a stuffed nose. Also, he's breathing very heavily. We separated him from the rest of the chicks of course.

We gave him some VetRx yesterday and now he doesn't really seem congested, but he's breathing very heavily!! He's not really sneezing that much either.

He doesn't really want to eat. We're giving him some pedialyte but I want to know if there's anything else I can do! Somebody please help!!

2. i<3chickens

i<3chickens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2010
    Ontario---Canada
    I'm not sure what is wrong with him the only suggestion I have is giving him scrambled eggs or plain cooked oatmeal.

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

It may need some medicine. Tylan 50 from Tractor Supply is one used for respiratory illnesses. In a pinch, Equate Brand childrens Cold & Flu medicine can be helpful.

4. Quiobole

Quiobole Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2010
    Houston
    He passed away about an hour and a half ago...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by