Chick chirping really loudly before bedtime

My pullets do that to and if weee sitting in the yard they come to us chirping it’s sweet. Higher roosts Alone won’t help. They always want to be higher and higher. Make their roost higher but also make it to where they can’t roost where they are in the photo lol

Does anything else seem amiss? As long as she seems healthy and the coop or brooder are all okay, I wouldn't worry. Keep an eye on her and make sure nothing changes. But maybe she just has a lot to say and wants to get it off her mind before bedtime:lol:
Nope, all is fine for them. I’ve covered up the roof openings to darken the coop before sunset, and she was chirping for about 20 mins and then quieted down.

There is a small vent that is always open which lets a low amount of light in, enough for the birds to see. It is also right where they sleep, so they get fresh air the whole night up there.

Hope that vent is good for a minimum 1 sq ft of ventilation per bird year round, or you have other vents that can be used depending on season. If you have hotter summers, more may be necessary to help let out heat. Even in colder climates, in winter, you'll need to find a way to vent out moisture to keep chickens dry and thus warm.

Back
Top Bottom