Chick died-gasping, sneezing, droopy wings

thornwing

Songster
10 Years
Jul 10, 2009
So. California
My little golden sebright that I bought from the feed store came home with a small sneeze...it turned out to be contagious and worsened. It got all 6 of my other chicks sick, but with medication and fresh air, they are fit, running around, still have a lil sneeze, but healthy and growing fast!! this little guy has grown very little, if not that, not at all.....his poop was normal looking...he sneezed a lot and I noticed in the morning and evenings (around sleeping times) he would close his eyes and gasp for air. When I called him, he would snap out of it and run up to me....his wings got droopier and he was eating and drinking less and less, getting more inactive too... today I noticed before bed he was gasping again ONLY THIS TIME he didnt come when called, I picked him up, but his eyes stayed closed and he continued to gasp for air violently with a very quiet, weak, hoarse chirp every so often. I set him in a little box with food and the medicated water at around 8pm and I went to check on him at 11:30 and he was gone :[ any advice? I had an idea of Infectious Bronchitis but i have no idea and there are absouletly no vets for birds within a 5hour radious of me :[

Oh No !

I am so sorry for your loss .

Birds are so good at hiding illnesses that sometimes it's too late to help them . I'm a new baby chick owner myself so I know what you're going through.

I'll bump your message to try to get it noticed by one of the experts. Again, I'm very sorry.

thanks, the two I kept are much better but the lil roo keeps streching out his neck far with his mouth open a little bit....he only does this every so often but im worried...its really hot here so that could be it and i tried looking for throat pox without luck...it looks like he is going to crow but no noise and his mouth isnt as wide..

Back
Top Bottom