Chick drowned in water dish

Aw... I'm sorry. Don't be too hard on yourself, things happen.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry! I lost a chick yesterday and I feel responsible also. I know there was probably nothing I could have done, just failure to thrive, but I feel like I should have been able to do more. (((hug)))

I am sorry...maybe not mean much but please don't worry...you could have not known you did what you could and known...Hugs and love...

Thanks for your replies everyone. I have large rocks in the water dish.... I think a drowning is near impossible now. The big chickens just drink in between them. Mom and remaining 7 chicks are doing good.

Oh man,
sad.png
. We just lost a chick to drowning today too. Our little black frizzle. We had a small water bottle with the red bottom. Didn't think they would drown in so little. My daughter has lost a couple of chicks recently and it's really heart breaking. Sorry for your loss. I felt guilty too. If only I had not stayed at work as long as I did. If only I had brought them in with me (which I have done before). Ugh. Sucky. I put marbles in the water dish. Hope you feel better soon.

I had somthing just like that, but except it was all my fault...
hit.gif

i didnt leave enought space between my waterer and the wall, the chick was curious and it climbed behind
the water and got stuck. i found it a little under the waterer dead. i felt so bad i started to cry.
I didnt know i wasnt saposed to put the waterer to close to the wall.
So words of advice, dont put your waterer right next to the wall, leave space so the chick can walk through!!!
sad.png

This is the first time I've encountered this problem with baby chicks. We have a regular plastic waterer with the screw on bowl. I've found 2 chicks drowned in the water laying upside down in the past 2 days. I'm not sure what's going on since it's never been a problem before!

This is the first time I've encountered this problem with baby chicks. We have a regular plastic waterer with the screw on bowl. I've found 2 chicks drowned in the water laying upside down in the past 2 days. I'm not sure what's going on since it's never been a problem before!

Put some pebbles or marbles in the water. They can still drink just fine, but it will not be deep enough to drown in. Sorry for your loss.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom