CHICK HATCHED BLOOD AND YOKE--HELP

-Shade-

This Is An Illusion
Mar 27, 2021
Ardonia
I had a batch of chicks that hatched last night and this morning. One of the smaller ones I just noticed hs a very large, bloody glob stuck to her umbilical cords. There are splatters of blood and yoke all over the bottom of the incubator and when she gets stuck upside down, she can't get up. There is a huge pool of solidified egg yoke collected in the humidity tray at the bottom of the incubator.
She is breathing and chick-stumbling okay, but she is very quiet and she has trouble breathing when she flips over nd can't get back up

Will she be okay? What do I do? Has anyone ever had this happen to a chick before?

She is much weaker now. There is no more yoke attached to her, it is all just a bloody splotch.
My mom is doing research on it and she cut the umbilical cord. There is no bleeding but she is very weak, although she still chirps quietly often and sometimes gets a weird burst of energy and flips over

She is much weaker now. There is no more yoke attached to her, it is all just a bloody splotch.
My mom is doing research on it and she cut the umbilical cord. There is no bleeding but she is very weak, although she still chirps quietly often and sometimes gets a weird burst of energy and flips over
Sounds like my chick that I hatched last year. Keep nice heat on her and keep her comfy.
Should I try feeding her some egg yokes? I have droppers that would work if I should
How old is she?

Back
Top Bottom