CHICK HATCHED BLOOD AND YOKE--HELP

Pictures would be a good idea.
Do you think her yolk sac got burst when she was moving around?
I don't know, maybe?
My mom already had us cut the umbilical cord and I threw the mess away, I didn't know what to do with it. I can't really take picture on my Chromebook though and my phone's camera is broken

She is much weaker now. There is no more yoke attached to her, it is all just a bloody splotch.
My mom is doing research on it and she cut the umbilical cord. There is no bleeding but she is very weak, although she still chirps quietly often and sometimes gets a weird burst of energy and flips over
We still need to see photos
If there are any strands left attached to her, she may step on them and that could pull her insides out through her naval. Her movement have to be restricted.

If she has lost a lot of yolk, the kindest thing may be to euthanize. But I'd like to see photos of her and her naval first, perhaps there's some way to give her a chance.

Did you assist with her hatch?

We still need to see photos
If there are any strands left attached to her, she may step on them and that could pull her insides out through her naval. Her movement have to be restricted.

If she has lost a lot of yolk, the kindest thing may be to euthanize. But I'd like to see photos of her and her naval first, perhaps there's some way to give her a chance.

Did you assist with her hatch?
No, it was not an assisted hatch. I left them alone all night long, and I slept through their hatching. The first one hatched right before bed, and she is slightly less dry that the others so I know she is a little younger
I can't really take pictures

No, it was not an assisted hatch. I left them alone all night long, and I slept through their hatching. The first one hatched right before bed, and she is slightly less dry that the others so I know she is a little younger
I can't really take pictures
There aren't any more strands left that she could possibly step on, we cut her cord. She isn't bleeding from it but she is very lethargic.
I have not heard any good experiences with people trying to euthanize chicks before.

She doesn't seem to be losing strength, just had a limited amount. Once she rests for a couple of minutes, she will get bursts of energy and stand up and/or chirp and then crash again.
It seems like normal chick behavior except she is exceptionally quiet and lethargic.

She is on our heating pad right now. The other chicks are on top of the towel but she is in a warm corner of the tote we have her in.
What do I do now?

She should have been left attached to the yolk. I wouldn't try giving her another yolk either. In a syringe, you can try giving (drops a time) some sugar water for strength. If you have any Save-A-Chick on you, you might want to give her that. Other than that, it sounds like what you're doing right now is good.

I do have Save-A-Chick actually. I might try that

Here's the best pic I could get
IMG-8484.jpg

Back
Top Bottom