CHICK HATCHED BLOOD AND YOKE--HELP

I do have Save-A-Chick actually. I might try that

Here's the best pic I could get
View attachment 3529980
Do you have any triple antibiotic without pain relief?
I would apply some to the area.

I would give her some sugar water/yolk mixed with water/nutri drench, whatever you have to hand. She has lost a lot of nutrients from the yolk.
Do you have any idea how much yolk there was that was lost?

I do have Save-A-Chick actually. I might try that

Here's the best pic I could get
View attachment 3529980
The others said the umbilical cord should have been left on, I agree with that, since their intestins are in their until their absorbed. You never know how much (if any) was cut off upon cutting the cord. It sounds to me like she 100% needs the electrolytes and vitamins for a boost. It also sounds to me like she hatched before she was truly was ready (wich happens sometimes). Did the bleeding happen when the yolk was removed The? If not, The blood might have possibly been from the other chicks pecking at it. It is also likely she could have done it herself.

For future reference, the yolk shouldn't be messed with if it's still out, put her in a cup by herself under a heat source.

With the case of the yolk sticking out, weather the chick survives or not really depends on how much yolk she is able to absorb. If she absorbs enough for her organs to be safe, while she might be weak at first, there is a strong possibility of survival. If she doesn't absorb enough in time then the yolk runs the risk of drying out with her organs in it, resulting in death.

The others said the umbilical cord should have been left on, I agree with that, since their intestins are in their until their absorbed. You never know how much (if any) was cut off upon cutting the cord. It sounds to me like she 100% needs the electrolytes and vitamins for a boost. It also sounds to me like she hatched before she was truly was ready (wich happens sometimes). Did the bleeding happen when the yolk was removed The? If not, The blood might have possibly been from the other chicks pecking at it. It is also likely she could have done it herself.

For future reference, the yolk shouldn't be messed with if it's still out, put her in a cup by herself under a heat source.

With the case of the yolk sticking out, weather the chick survives or not really depends on how much yolk she is able to absorb. If she absorbs enough for her organs to be safe, while she might be weak at first, there is a strong possibility of survival. If she doesn't absorb enough in time then the yolk runs the risk of drying out with her organs in it, resulting in death.
She lost less than a teaspoon, I assume from what was collected in the bottom of the incubator. There wasn't any left in the blood glob that was removed

She lost less than a teaspoon, I assume from what was collected in the bottom of the incubator. There wasn't any left in the blood glob that was removed
That is good at least. Then the best you can do for her now is to keep her secluded, warm, and try to get some save a chick into her. (I personally use hydro hen.)

How did your chick turn out? Going through something similar and worried they lost too much blood and yolk.

Back
Top Bottom