Chick hatched on day 20... others pipped... others, nothing

PlumfieldChicks

Hatching
Apr 13, 2018
Hello! New to incubating chicks. Today is day 20 and one chick hatched this morning! So exciting. We have 39 others... 4 pipped... others, nothing has happened. That one chick is fluffing out nicely and is knocking into the other eggs. I know you're not supposed to open up the incubator, but will this little chickie damage the other eggs if left in there? Would he do okay in the brooder by himself or does he need others to do well? I don't mind leaving him in the incubator, I just don't want him to damage any of the other eggs. Any tips/help would be much appreciated!!

Hello! New to incubating chicks. Today is day 20 and one chick hatched this morning! So exciting. We have 39 others... 4 pipped... others, nothing has happened. That one chick is fluffing out nicely and is knocking into the other eggs. I know you're not supposed to open up the incubator, but will this little chickie damage the other eggs if left in there? Would he do okay in the brooder by himself or does he need others to do well? I don't mind leaving him in the incubator, I just don't want him to damage any of the other eggs. Any tips/help would be much appreciated!!
I would leave it on there at least until you have a few more to put with it. They usually are encouraging the others to break loose. They won't hurt the other eggs

The best possible motivator for the chicks still in the eggs, is a lone chick screaming for company. I always leave at least one chick in the incubator if there are eggs pipped. You incubator may start to get a bit crowded by the time 10 have hatched, so that would be when you would start thinking about moving a few to the brooder. Take the strongest, most active first. Leaving the newest hatches to recover in relative peace.

The best possible motivator for the chicks still in the eggs, is a lone chick screaming for company. I always leave at least one chick in the incubator if there are eggs pipped. You incubator may start to get a bit crowded by the time 10 have hatched, so that would be when you would start thinking about moving a few to the brooder. Take the strongest, most active first. Leaving the newest hatches to recover in relative peace.
Thank you so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom