CHICK hatching - Chicken biting in the wrong place?

AliaK

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 23, 2011
ok the chick is breathing and the mum is eating away at the egg, i hope she doesn't injure him but she seems to be concentrating on one position, should i turn the egg arounnd or does she know what she's doing?!

i really don't want the chick to die, should i move it away from her and let the chick hatch on its own under some light and a warm blanket??
sad.png

Do you see any blood where the mother has attempted to help?

If there isn't any blood, perhaps you could help it a bit... how far has it zipped?

there is a bit of blood. here's a picture, i've now moved her away
sad.png
she's still pulsing, but no tweeting

there is hope?! okay i will get a moist blanket and lay it on the bottom, should i cover the top bit too?!

Thank you so much

i don't even know what position this chick is in, is it still under a membrane?! or is that it exposed :S it might be the bottom hence the blood??

perk that chick up. give him a tiny touch in the butt. see if he pocks his little head up and moves. he should if hes healthy and ready to live. if not heat is more important than dampness?>? the blanket doesnt need to be wet IMO your risking too muich then. just heat him for now. u want him to poof up. not stay wet

Back
Top Bottom