Chick is throwing up??

MayaMirko

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2023
I just bought a very young chick today, and he seems to be throwing up/salivating bubbles?? he keeps doing that beak movement like he's constantly swallowing or drinking something.. I'm really worried for him :( it happens after he drinks water, if anyone knows about this please help!

I had this happen with one of mine and she had eaten too fast and hee throat was lined with chick crumble. I massaged it in an upward motion on the throat and got it all out and she was immediately fine after this. Maybe check that. My husband held her and I massaged and pulled anything out that came out of her mouth until it stopped. There was so much

I just bought a very young chick today, and he seems to be throwing up/salivating bubbles?? he keeps doing that beak movement like he's constantly swallowing or drinking something.. I'm really worried for him :( it happens after he drinks water, if anyone knows about this please help!
I have an entire hatch of chicks doing this. I seriously doubt they all choked on their crumble. It's medicated feed, so i doubt coccidiosis. It's exactly the same symptoms. Bubbling saliva, throwing up water, mushy crop, a few have died, and the rest are laying on their sides with their heads cranked back looking like they will die any minute. Also spasms. Limp, then spasm. Not looking good.
They have acv water. Medicated feed.
They are a week old. Has anybody solved this yet?

Help!

I have an entire hatch of chicks doing this. I seriously doubt they all choked on their crumble. It's medicated feed, so i doubt coccidiosis. It's exactly the same symptoms. Bubbling saliva, throwing up water, mushy crop, a few have died, and the rest are laying on their sides with their heads cranked back looking like they will die any minute. Also spasms. Limp, then spasm. Not looking good.

Help!
We'll take a look at your thread, it can be found here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/sour-crop-in-chicks-help.1580984/

Hi, my chick did this too. She had crumble clogging her throat. I massaged it out. She had eaten too fast. They cannot throw up so I had to massage her neck upward and get it all out. Never did it again after this. She's 20 weeks now.

Help!

Back
Top Bottom