Chick Sexing Project: To Be Continued?

Would a picture reference of chicks and chickens of many breeds be useful (and worth it) to gather?

• YE-AH

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • That'd be about as useful as honkers on a hog!

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • ...huh?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You betcha and I'll help if I can!

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Well I think...(please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The second option is the no. Or this one. Either works!

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In theory it's a good idea. However, a lot depends on who is able to input data. The original sticky is a giant mess. You get people posting Ameraucanas that are EE's and LH's that are White Rocks etc. I think that unless it was done accurately, it would only cause more confusion.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a private wiki set up myself, which would mean that only users that had the proper privileges could edit it and contribute.

However, even if we left it public and open access, any and all changes are logged in a special page you see while editing, and it's easy to roll back pages/articles to earlier versions if incorrect info is added or vandalism occurs. It's also possible to protect pages if issues arise.

With all the overnight experts and guessing games I've seen here, I just see it going sideways. Might not if it's strictly monitored. I just don't know. 🤷‍♀️
100% agree!! I am at loss at some of the advice given on here... Sometimes I wonder if it's kids who think they know what's going on? I'm just never sure how to handle some of the odd opinions that aren't right without coming across as rude. I will admit, I was quite young when I joined and my knowledge has improved, but I at least made sure I had a grip on the breeds before giving advice to others 😳 If it is revived, definitely needs some moderators

With all the overnight experts and guessing games I've seen here, I just see it going sideways. Might not if it's strictly monitored. I just don't know. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, it would definitely require careful monitoring. Luckily admins have access to change logs (so you can see all the changes for the entire wiki that have occurred in a given time frame) so it should be pretty easy to spot problems as long as the admins are vigilant.

Since this particular implementation (wiki-style) is my idea, I'd totally volunteer to be an admin if the community supports the project. I might not be a sexing expert, but I am an expert when it comes to shenanigans. Plus I've managed and set up wikis before, so that's a plus.

Back
Top Bottom