Chick with crusty eye

Cheems

Songster
Apr 10, 2022
Hello, so its pretty self explanatory, I hatched out some nice quality silkie chicks and one hatched out with a bit of a krusty eye, as soon as I noticed I cleaned it off but it seems it comes back after I clean it, any ideas on how to treat it? I have vetricine but im not sure thats the best treatment for this, maybe? All the other chicks are healthy, its only one eye

the little bit of yellow on the cheek is from what I cleared out of the eye
1707545575424.png

Hello, so its pretty self explanatory, I hatched out some nice quality silkie chicks and one hatched out with a bit of a krusty eye, as soon as I noticed I cleaned it off but it seems it comes back after I clean it, any ideas on how to treat it? I have vetricine but im not sure thats the best treatment for this, maybe? All the other chicks are healthy, its only one eye

the little bit of yellow on the cheek is from what I cleared out of the eye
View attachment 3744626
Hello! You can just clean the eye with a warm towel. I would suggest adding some colloidal silver into their waterer to help boost immune systems. The eye looks a bit deformed though... that could be causing the eye problems. How's it's appetite?

Hello! You can just clean the eye with a warm towel. I would suggest adding some colloidal silver into their waterer to help boost immune systems. The eye looks a bit deformed though... that could be causing the eye problems. How's it's appetite?
I will have to see about appetite, but it is up and moving and has been, I have been cleaning gently with a q-tip so far so I will try a towel, and I don’t have any colloidal silver on hand but that is a good idea

Saline or an eye wash (Bausch and Lomb Eye Relief is good) or Veter eye wash may be used to clean the eye. A warm wet wash cloth may be used to soften any crust. Then apply Terramycin eye ointment from a feed store (locked away usually,) or Neosporin if that is not available twice a day. Hopefully it heals, but there may be a defect in the eyelid or tear ducts.

Back
Top Bottom