Chick with diarrhea

lea5ff

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2015
Missouri
Any suggestions for one chick who can't seem to have a solid poop? This has been for the past two days. I got my chicks last Friday from a local store. All of my others are doing fine just this one. They are on a medicated feed with water only. Do I need to introduce anything else into their diet?

Any suggestions for one chick who can't seem to have a solid poop? This has been for the past two days. I got my chicks last Friday from a local store. All of my others are doing fine just this one. They are on a medicated feed with water only. Do I need to introduce anything else into their diet?

I know this is weird but how does diarrhea look.? One of my chicks poo is like a wormy looking thing that is watery. Is that diarrhea for chickens.?

That chick seems to be doing fine. I've found that most of them get a runny poop here and there. It really is not even close to solid. Like a pool of brown goo.

I had a worry with one of my chicks this morning about an almost foamy, runny poop (I woke up to a dead chick yesterday with no obvious sign of illness so I'm on high alert!). The chicks looked fine, though, and after some interneting I came across this site: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0 (warning: poop! lol). Mine is almost certainly just caecal poop. Basically, it seems like with chicks that if it's not constant, the chick is eating and drinking and acting well, and doesn't have blood in it, it's probably normal.

the link posted is really an awesome one, it helped me immensely last year when I was starting out and worrying over every little thing.

Back
Top Bottom