Chick with growth, pls reply

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by gembolina28, May 16, 2010.

1. gembolina28

gembolina28 New Egg

May 16, 2010
    Hi Guys, I bought a hen with 10 chicks on Monday (6 days ago), this one has had a scaly growth arond the bacl of its head since Monday and today found stuck to mums underside, we have tried to wash it off with saline and he/she is now in a box with us in the living room on top of a hot water bottle! The fur/feathers seem to have dried ok but the groeth id till visible, The growth isn't weeping and the chick is the same size as the rest, it seems to be eating and drinking normally, any ideas on what to do please??? Thanks xx

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    I wish I had an answer for you! Here's a bump hopfully someone will chime in! [​IMG]

3. Fowl_language

Fowl_language Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2010
    Australia
    can you get a photo? my chic had a similar growth but it eventually went away

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    A photo would really help us.

Keep the chick fed and well hydrated (lots of clean water)

keep us informed.

5. gembolina28

gembolina28 New Egg

May 16, 2010
    Chick is up and about this morning, has fed and drank as much as the others, is happy back with mum for the time being although hot water bottle is on standby! Please could someone let me know how i attach a pic? Thanks guys x

6. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by