CHICKE VERY LETHARGIC

LTodd0

Hatching
Jun 8, 2022
I went out to check my chickens this morning, to feed and water, and all that good stuff but I noticed one of my chickens acting lethargic, breathing heavy, and he hasn't been drinking or eating, I brought him in to give him and little extra TLC but what could be the cause of this behavior, is there anything I could do to help my baby? Thanks in advance for any help!

I went out to check my chickens this morning, to feed and water, and all that good stuff but I noticed one of my chickens acting lethargic, breathing heavy, and he hasn't been drinking or eating, I brought him in to give him and little extra TLC but what could be the cause of this behavior, is there anything I could do to help my baby? Thanks in advance for any help!
Lethargic and not eating/drinking are symptoms that she could have a blockage or possibly be egg bound. You should check her crop/throat and vent to see if you can find the cause there.
I recommend keeping her away from your flock and practicing biosecurity between the flock and her until you have a clue to what is going on with her as it could be contagious. Check her droppings to see if that gives a clue to what's happening.
I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom