Chicken alert but suddenly won't stand

Tonetones03

Chirping
Apr 9, 2023
This poor girl... she's been recovering in my kitchen in a kennel for a few weeks since her scalping. Today I let her roam the yard for the first time in awhile for some exercise while the other chooks were locked up. I took a shower, came back out; and she was sitting on the ground. Her appetite is clearly okay, no visible injuries, but she wont/can't stand. Laid a few hours ago so not eggbound.

Ideas?

Video of her chowing down just now.

How old is she exactly? I just read your previous thread about her, and she seemed to be healing from a pretty bad attack by the rooster. If your set her up, does she move both legs and feet? Does she use her wings to balance? Was she exhibiting any of this behavior before the attack last month? I would make sure that she continues to eat and drink. B complex vitamins 1/2 tablet daily might be something to give for a week or two. Let us know how she is doing tomorrow.

How old is she exactly? I just read your previous thread about her, and she seemed to be healing from a pretty bad attack by the rooster. If your set her up, does she move both legs and feet? Does she use her wings to balance? Was she exhibiting any of this behavior before the attack last month? I would make sure that she continues to eat and drink. B complex vitamins 1/2 tablet daily might be something to give for a week or two. Let us know how she is doing tomorrow.
She's about 8 months or so. She will move her legs a little and her wings but can't seem to support her weight. This behavior is brand new and very sudden. She was fine... I took her outside for the first time in weeks... and came back 45 minutes later she was lime this. I did notice her poop was grassy green but not runny. More like Play doh. I don't have those vitamins but I'll get some tomorrow. Thanks!

She's the same today. Kind of tries to stand. A bit more quiet than usual but still good appetite and drinking. @Eggcessive how much b-12? Small town and 1 option which is 1000mcg tabs. TIA!

That is B complex not B12. B Complex or Super B has all b vitamins, including riboflavin, thiamine, b12 and the others. You can find it in most vitamin aisles in most stores. Generic is fine.

No, any brand is fine. I usually look for those on sale. Walmart has some Spring Valley brand for around $8-9. The regular b complex or super b is fine. Walgreens, Target etc are good for various brands. 1/2 tablet crushed into food is good.

No, any brand is fine. I usually look for those on sale. Walmart has some Spring Valley brand for around $8-9. The regular b complex or super b is fine. Walgreens, Target etc are good for various brands. 1/2 tablet crushed into food is good.
Thanks! She did lay and egg and stand for about a minute so I figured that's a good start.

Back
Top Bottom