Chicken and Mother-In-Law Vent!!

Quote:
Im done being nice! She disrespects everyone in this house! So ive just been doing things behind their back! they have already kicked me out twice because I bucked up to her about my newborn daughter (she was trying to tell me how to raise her) an then once with my first batch of chicks she unplugged (I lost 7 of 8 chicks!!). Hubby told her that if I go then him an the kids go!

Quote:
You couldnt be more right!! We fight so fricken much its not even funny! its gotten to the point where I've given my rings back to him once an he's thrown his in a corn field before.. so now he's wearing my dad's wedding ring!! Everytime we go to move out they treaten us with something! either taking our kids away from us or telling the place we're going to move into something bad about us (<- that was the first thing an then when we kept going they threatened the kids).. My parents even offered to let us move in with them but then came the kids again! When me an Hubby first got together, they didnt like him and my dad tried to beat the crap out of him once when he was drunk so they they said they'd bring that up in court!

Unless you are placing you children in danger, let them threaten all they want. Courts do not take kids away from parents unless there is a very good reason. I'm sure the judge (if it even made it to one) has dealt with ticked off in-laws before. Do not let others control you with fear.

I've tried telling my husband that but he is still too scared.. (another reason we fight on top of the many other reasons!)

Hate to be the devil's advocate on this one, but...
It is her house. She can pretty much do what she wants. You are a guest in her house. If you don't like the situation move out. Don't tell her y'all are looking for a new place so she can't sabotage the deal. Secure the new home. Pack. Move. She cannot take your children just because she hates you. If she threatens, perhaps pointing out that if she keeps it up she will NEVER see the children again. They are your kids. Not hers.

Move. Then you can do what you want. Until then you have to put up with her being a witch.

Quote:
Are we allowed to do this to mods?
tongue.gif

Quote:
I dont have to put up with her telling me how to raise my daughter or her killing my
duc.gif
chickens! Yes we do need to move out an yes it is her house, but THEIR the ones that want the grandkids to stay there so they pretty much have to put up with our crap too!

Back
Top Bottom