Chicken behaviors

Judys chooks

In the Brooder
Nov 27, 2020
We always throw our chickens (2 Isa Browns) some greens and occasionally bread from our window. Their house and run and garden run alongside our residential house. They have taken to pecking on our window. It's a bit hard to ignore when it is very early in the morning and several times a day but I have absolutely no idea what to do about it.
I've been told they have a really good memory, so are they doing this to get our attention asking us to give them more scraps? We only give them their extras mid-morning so they should be eating their Eggs For Sure first. Is there a way to stop this, other than not feeding them from this window anymore? They do the same thing on my office window when they hear my voice -- they know I'm there. ha ha.

I've been told they have a really good memory, so are they doing this to get our attention asking us to give them more scraps? We only give them their extras mid-morning so they should be eating their Eggs For Sure first.
I'm slightly confused??:idunno They eat their eggs????

On the subject/issue of them pecking on your window,,,, Yes they will keep doing it since chickens do learn habits. (good or bad), I suggest you start throwing their scraps, and treats into another portion of their run,,, and not thru your window. This way they will anticipate you coming to them from different location. (outside)

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

ISA's are pretty smart birds. I'm gonna say you don't have a rooster. Mine used to run around and stay under my feet before I got one. They see you as head bird since you show (give) them good stuff they like to eat. If I wasn't in eyeshot they would wonder around aimlessly.
Since I've gotten the rooster they don't do it near as bad. They spend more time following him around unless I come out there then much to his disdain they look for me. Once they figure out I don't have anything they run back to him.

Back
Top Bottom