Chicken Birthday Cake!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by liloandroxiesmom, Jul 7, 2010.

1. liloandroxiesmom

liloandroxiesmom New Egg

Jan 18, 2010
    Alright so I like to treat my chickens as part of the family. That includes- going on walks with them, bringing them when visiting family, and of course... birthday parties. My hen Lilo's first birthday is coming up and I'd love to throw her a party and bake her a cake that is safe for her to eat! I've searched the internet for ideas but none have been helpful. Does anyone know how I could make a chicken-safe cake? Thanks for your help! ~Erin

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Make her a cornbread cake and frost it with plain yogurt and strawberries? Leave out the sugar on the recipie?

3. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I have read about homemade seed blocks kinda like the ones you can give wild birds. They make them with scratch feed and some other stuff and baked them in the oven. How about something like that.

4. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    Quote:that is awesome!!! and I bet one super happy chicken!!! LOL

5. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
  6. deniker

deniker Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2010
    El Paso, Tx
    And watermelon:)

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    If you want to make it colorful, you could add chopped parley to the top of the cake. My chickens love parsley.

8. MakNugget

MakNugget Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Portland, OR
    OMG... I can see myself doing this. This will pretty much guarantee my sister getting me checked into the coo-coo ward though.

9. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    haha, I love it. My dog gets birthday cake every year and the everyone always cocks an eyebrow when they hear about it. I hadn't thought of chicken birthday cake - but you can bet I'm gonna do it after this thread! You can also do a spice cake recipe without the sugar. Basically, any dog recipes would work, because they can't have sugar either. There's tons online if you just do a search. I would use a mini muffin tin and put corn kernels in circular shape like they were the petals of a flower. It's gotta be pretty, right? [​IMG]

10. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    Quote:That would be awesome! The variations on this are endless.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by