Chicken Breed Focus - Ayam Cemani

Thanks for using one of my pictures in your post sumi! I'll share a couple more:

Last edited:
Hi Shayna, I was hoping you'd pop in
smile.png
That was such a nice pic of Raptor, I had to use him! I still get a giggle when I think of that story how and when you got him. Man I wish she did let you open that box… Imagine her face if she saw this BLACK chicken lol

Wow id love to have some of these. What do eggs go for?

It depends. There are unfortunately unscrupulous people who will sell you what they say are purebred ayam cemani eggs that are mixed breeds or not cemanis at all. Those you'd probably find up for sale at a price that seems too good to be true, because it is. I sell mine for $25 an egg and another breeder on here was selling hers for $35 an egg, so somewhere in that range would be about normal to pay. Chicks sell for $200 from Greenfire Farms if you want to go that route.

What colours are their eggs? and how old do they live?

Thanks!:p

They lay a cream to tan colored egg:

Green eggs in that picture are CCL eggs, not cemani eggs. I would think they would live as long as any other chickens, really. My oldest are three years old, I believe, and still doing fine.

Hi Shayna, I was hoping you'd pop in :)  That was such a nice pic of Raptor, I had to use him! I still get a giggle when I think of that story how and when you got him. Man I wish she did let you open that box… Imagine her face if she saw this BLACK chicken lol

Thanks! Yeah, that might have really scared her, she probably would have thought he was a demon chicken, lol! He really is a good boy though, no need to be afraid of him :p She doesn't know what she's missing!

This is a fascinating breed! From the start of my chicken keeping, I have had my eye on this breed. Just stunning birds!
smile.png

It depends. There are unfortunately unscrupulous people who will sell you what they say are purebred ayam cemani eggs that are mixed breeds or not cemanis at all. Those you'd probably find up for sale at a price that seems too good to be true, because it is. I sell mine for $25 an egg and another breeder on here was selling hers for $35 an egg, so somewhere in that range would be about normal to pay. Chicks sell for $200 from Greenfire Farms if you want to go that route.
They lay a cream to tan colored egg:

Green eggs in that picture are CCL eggs, not cemani eggs. I would think they would live as long as any other chickens, really. My oldest are three years old, I believe, and still doing fine.
Ok thanks!
I've always thought that they would lay black eggs also;) I would LOVE one for my birthday
gig.gif

Are they pretty friendly?

Back
Top Bottom