Chicken Breed Focus - Colloncas

I have a dozen fertilized collonca eggs right now I'm unsure what to do with! My PMs have gone mostly unanswered, although all the threads I read here are saying these are in demand! ....go figure. I have 3 roos mating with 3 girls, and they are ALL beautiful! It's still too clod here for me to incubate them, and none of my girls (other breeds) are broody yet. These eggs are dated from 1 and 1/2 weeks ago to today, all very much ready to incubate.

Any suggestions?

CK

I have a dozen fertilized collonca eggs right now I'm unsure what to do with! My PMs have gone mostly unanswered, although all the threads I read here are saying these are in demand! ....go figure. I have 3 roos mating with 3 girls, and they are ALL beautiful! It's still too clod here for me to incubate them, and none of my girls (other breeds) are broody yet. These eggs are dated from 1 and 1/2 weeks ago to today, all very much ready to incubate.

Any suggestions?

CK

To old for shipping. They need to be 4 days or les to ship. Then add in the factor they still do not hatch very well after shipping.

Then again it is still too cool to ship eggs, as they may well freeze.

Do Collancas hatch better than Araucsna eggs?

Any suggestions?

CK
I thought I was on your waiting list! Here also it is too cold to incubate, since I live in SW Michigan. People may not be answering you because they give up on waiting for anyone who has hatching eggs.

Still rude though not to answer you at all.

Last edited:
Hello! I would love to get and breed some Colloncas for the preservation of the breed. If anyone has any Colloncas or any leads about who might have some, I would love to be put in contact with them!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom