Chicken Breed Focus - Isbar (Blue Isbar)

PNWskye

Songster
Jun 12, 2018
Here are some of the different egg colors mine lay. Pleasantly surprised when our blue Isbar pullet laid pastel orangy/tan color.
View attachment 2498242
Silverudd’s Blue shouldn’t lay tan. Her parents must have some tan genes too. If you decide to breed, please exclude her from your breeding group. If you bought her from a breeder, let them know ASAP, so they can investigate their lines. Thanks for helping get the breed back to all blue egg genes!

PNWskye

Songster
Jun 12, 2018
I think you test your rooster's genes by his offspring's egg coloring. If you're getting brown, it's possible your sire roo has some other breed involved.
If the hen lays tan/brown, she received one tan gene from each parent. Homozygous tan. If she has tan and blue, she will lay green eggs. Ideally you would have a homozygous blue rooster, and all of his offspring would have the desired blue-green color!

HeatherKellyB

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC
Silverudd’s Blue shouldn’t lay tan. Her parents must have some tan genes too. If you decide to breed, please exclude her from your breeding group. If you bought her from a breeder, let them know ASAP, so they can investigate their lines. Thanks for helping get the breed back to all blue egg genes!

I admit that I didn't read this entire thread.
I have a Blue Cockerel (although not 100% proper on everything even though he's gorgeous). Is he referred to as a "Blue Silverudd's Blue" or just "Silverudd's Blue"? Thank you

orrpeople

Grading essays - be back soon!
Jun 15, 2016
State of Jefferson
I have a Blue Cockerel (although not 100% proper on everything even though he's gorgeous). Is he referred to as a "Blue Silverudd's Blue" or just "Silverudd's Blue"? Thank you
Both! 😊
His breed is Silverudd's Blue and if he's a "blue" (of the BBS possibilities) then that's his color as well!

PNWskye

Songster
Jun 12, 2018
I would call him a "blue Silverudd's Blue"...do you have pics?

Top Bottom