Chicken Breed Focus - Wyandotte

Pics

Talise, my blue laced gold Wyandotte, is the second one down from the top.
The place I got her from sold her to me as a blue laced red, but on another forum, I was told she was a blue laced gold.
Can anyone confirm?

It's so disappointing buying one thing when you expect another, but she's got a really mellow temperament and a beautiful, rose comb. She was already at least 2 weeks old when I bought her, so not as friendly as the other pullets, but maybe more handling can change that.

In the future, I will only be hatching probably 1-3 chicks at a time. The fewer per clutch, the more time I can spend with each chick.

Last edited:
I love my Wyandottes!!! They are rather stand offish, but will come up to you. They also lay great eggs, often!

They are relatively shy (compared to breeds like Barred Plymouth rocks, RIRs, Red Comets, etc.). Our Gold laced rooster likes to hang around the guineas and the guineas chase, off every chicken but him. All of our Wyandotte's are 11 weeks old and are slightly smaller than average compared to the rest of the flock. Does anyone know what happens when your Gold laced Wyandotte breeds with a Barred Plymouth rock? Or should I not hatch any eggs crossed between breeds if I'm not sure of the outcome.

Talise, my blue laced gold Wyandotte, is the second one down from the top.
The place I got her from sold her to me as a blue laced red, but on another forum, I was told she was a blue laced gold.
Can anyone confirm?

It's so disappointing buying one thing when you expect another, but she's got a really mellow temperament and a beautiful, rose comb. She was already at least 2 weeks old when I bought her, so not as friendly as the other pullets, but maybe more handling can change that.

In the future, I will only be hatching probably 1-3 chicks at a time. The fewer per clutch, the more time I can spend with each chick.

Beautiful birds! I sooo hope I can get some of these next year.

Well, I was just looking at the FB page, and wish I had seen this when it was actually active! I am going to post pictures anyway.

Just some random SLW and GLW pics.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom