Chicken breed id

black_cat

Free Ranging
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
I don't have any pics at the moment. But next time I go to the grocery store or get gas I'll try to remember to take pics. Lol They are everywhere.
That's super interesting? One question that could help us: Are they very skinny chickens with longer, muscular legs? Or are they more of a mix of shapes, sizes, and colors?

SrfabzHI

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2020
I don't have any pics at the moment. But next time I go to the grocery store or get gas I'll try to remember to take pics. Lol They are everywhere.
Oh wait I found one pic when we first moved here. In a Costco parking lot, it's just of one tho. This is typically what you see on a normal Tuesday. 😆
20200911_171602_HDR.jpg

SrfabzHI

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2020
That's super interesting? One question that could help us: Are they very skinny chickens with longer, muscular legs? Or are they more of a mix of shapes, sizes, and colors?
I would say they are a bit of a mix of shapes & sizes & colors.

black_cat

Free Ranging
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
Oh wait I found one pic when we first moved here. In a Costco parking lot, it's just of one tho. This is typically what you see on a normal Tuesday. 😆 View attachment 2345602
Huh. That looks like a welsummer rooster, not a game chicken:
LEGG.jpg

As you can see, game chickens are 99% leg, at least the ones I'm thinking of. However, the one in your pic looks like some other pics I found when I google 'game chicken' so I don't know.

FuzzyCritters

Songster
Mar 13, 2020
Kitsap county, WA
Huh. That looks like a welsummer rooster, not a game chicken:
View attachment 2345607
As you can see, game chickens are 99% leg, at least the ones I'm thinking of. However, the one in your pic looks like some other pics I found when I google 'game chicken' so I don't know.
Not all games are super leggy like this one. The picture of the feral chicken is definitely a game chicken, probably an Old English game. He is not welsummer, welsummers are larger and have a different stance and shape.

black_cat

Free Ranging
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
Not all games are super leggy like this one. The picture of the feral chicken is definitely a game chicken, probably an Old English game. He is not welsummer, welsummers are larger and have a different stance and shape.
Ok! I was basing on color lol. I was showing the leggy chicken because that's what I usually think of when I think of game chicken :D So leggy!

Top Bottom