Chicken breed id

I don't have any pics at the moment. But next time I go to the grocery store or get gas I'll try to remember to take pics. Lol They are everywhere.
That's super interesting? One question that could help us: Are they very skinny chickens with longer, muscular legs? Or are they more of a mix of shapes, sizes, and colors?

I don't have any pics at the moment. But next time I go to the grocery store or get gas I'll try to remember to take pics. Lol They are everywhere.
Oh wait I found one pic when we first moved here. In a Costco parking lot, it's just of one tho. This is typically what you see on a normal Tuesday. 😆
20200911_171602_HDR.jpg

That's super interesting? One question that could help us: Are they very skinny chickens with longer, muscular legs? Or are they more of a mix of shapes, sizes, and colors?
I would say they are a bit of a mix of shapes & sizes & colors.

Oh wait I found one pic when we first moved here. In a Costco parking lot, it's just of one tho. This is typically what you see on a normal Tuesday. 😆View attachment 2345602
Huh. That looks like a welsummer rooster, not a game chicken:
LEGG.jpg

As you can see, game chickens are 99% leg, at least the ones I'm thinking of. However, the one in your pic looks like some other pics I found when I google 'game chicken' so I don't know.

I have red sex link hens and they have very different body shapes than this one. Are the roos differently shaped than the hens? This looks more like my white leghorn, shape wise.
Many RSLs are leghorn based, but he could also just be a leghorn mix. There is definitely leghorn in him though, so that plus his coloring made me think RSL.

Huh. That looks like a welsummer rooster, not a game chicken:
View attachment 2345607
As you can see, game chickens are 99% leg, at least the ones I'm thinking of. However, the one in your pic looks like some other pics I found when I google 'game chicken' so I don't know.
Not all games are super leggy like this one. The picture of the feral chicken is definitely a game chicken, probably an Old English game. He is not welsummer, welsummers are larger and have a different stance and shape.

Not all games are super leggy like this one. The picture of the feral chicken is definitely a game chicken, probably an Old English game. He is not welsummer, welsummers are larger and have a different stance and shape.
Ok! I was basing on color lol. I was showing the leggy chicken because that's what I usually think of when I think of game chicken :D So leggy!

Back
Top Bottom