Chicken breeders or Folks in South Africa?

Pics
no..she's not house trained. but as you said, rollertowels do the trick. they are usually dry and don't smell, and I am always surprised how little a bantam poops. she does have a towel on her side of the pillow..but through the night its usually only one or two dry ones. some people might think its gross but I dont care, she is dewormed and healthy, and I am allergic to all furry animals, so I can only cuddle with birds. I was considering those chicken-diapers, but I know she would find that very uncomfortable, and I would be worried that the poo stays too close to her cloaca and could cause infections

Yeah stay away from diapers, i have heard bad things about them too.

i had one hen who would come in and jump on the back on the couch and watch mythbusters with us, was very strange, she would come all the way into the house by herself then jump on the back on the couch and sit staring at the tv. She never pooped inside either. Very odd behaviour but i let her do her thing, think she needed a break from the rest of the flock.

My previous rooster would also lead the flock into the house when i was napping on weekend afternoons and crow at me while i tried to sleep. He would be stealthy until he got right to the couch, then crow at me.

@hedz82 LOL, I don't think it's gross at all. Chicken poop is wonderful stuff. I always gather it up and put it in the garden. Makes the veggies awesome :D

p.s. Chicken diapers? please tell me you're kidding?
lau.gif

@AndyCap That is too adorable!

Last edited:
Hi, I live in Durban, have a wonderful flock of 28 for loving but I have recently had a great breeding season, I have many different breeds that I cross and I'm selling roos, cross breed of: peaken bantam, lavender bantam, vancose bantam and american game feathered foot. If anyone's interested, you can contact me? Have a batch of cockeral chicks and my teenagers just got taken, sorry!

Hi, I live in Durban, have a wonderful flock of 28 for loving but I have recently had a great breeding season, I have many different breeds that I cross and I'm selling roos, cross breed of: peaken bantam, lavender bantam, vancose bantam and american game feathered foot. If anyone's interested, you can contact me? Have a batch of cockeral chicks and my teenagers just got taken, sorry!
LOL!!
wink.png

Figured i should say hi as a fellow south african he he , live in jhb but the farm is in the limpopo , got around 200 potch koekoek and 2 black australorp , yes i know , talk about the opposite ends of the scale haha

HAhahahahaha OCD.... Me too. Loads of Pekins 100 or so. 50 Buff Orpingtons and 50 or so Potch Koekoeks...

Back
Top Bottom