Chicken Breeding App

Pics

Poultrybreeder

Crowing
Apr 21, 2017
New Mexico
Hello all! Sorry I have been gone so long, I have been super busy. Anyway, I am working on this game where you can raise chickens. You can buy, sell, breed, or trade to get chickens. Your starter chickens are in the "foundation" menu. There you can choose what breeds you would like to start with. You will be allowed to pick 4 free starter chiclens from the list, 1 rooster and 3 hens. Each chicken will after that will cost 10,000S (S stands for Seeds). Foundation chickens are completely purebred, since no one has ever owned them before to put other breeds into them, and are the best choice for starting a purebred showline. You will be able to see your chickens in the "My Coop" menu of the toolbar. Your foundation chickens will be "Breed Quality", And you can get better quality ones by breeding the highest stat birds you have together. Be careful though! Because inbreeding will lower their show stats. People may put out their roosters for stud if they wish, sit that anyone can get chicks from him. The maximum amount of chicks that may hatch from one breeding is 3. It will take 7 weeks (1 real life day) for chicks to be weaned from their mother., although hatching happens right after breeding. Chickens will live and average of 20 years (20 weeks irl) before dieing of old age. Roosters will never become infertile, and hens will never stop laying during their entire lives. Chickens can be entered into shows when they reach 6 months of age, and can breed upon reaching 8 months of age. Foundation chickens will be 1 year old when either used as starter chickens or are sold. Your starter Seeds will amount to 10000S. You can get more by getting at least 5th in a poultryshow, selling weaned chicks, or stuffing out your rooster. There will be a chat section that you can go to if you desire, to advertise your chickens, talk about the latest show, or talk about real life (no personal information please)! So far I have the Silkie and the Phoenix secured, what other breeds do you think I should include? BTW, this will be an app for the smartphone or tablet, I'll see about making a desktop/laptop version when I finish. Thanks!

-Poultrybreeder

Last edited:
Hello all! Sorry I have been gone so long, I have been super busy. Anyway, I am working on this game where you can raise chickens. You can buy, sell, breed, or trade to get chickens. Your starter chickens are in the "foundation" menu. There you can choose what breeds you would like to start with. You will be allowed to pick 4 free starter chiclens from the list, 1 rooster and 3 hens. Each chicken will after that will cost 10,000S (S stands for Seeds). Foundation chickens are completely purebred, since no one has ever owned them before to put other breeds into them, and are the best choice for starting a purebred showline. You will be able to see your chickens in the "My Coop" menu of the toolbar. Your foundation chickens will be "Breed Quality", And you can get better quality ones by breeding the highest stat birds you have together. Be careful though! Because inbreeding will lower their show stats. People may put out their roosters for stud if they wish, sit that anyone can get chicks from him. The maximum amount of chicks that may hatch from one breeding is 3. It will take 2 months (2 real life days) for chicks to be weaned from their mother., although hatching happens right after breeding. Chickens will live and average of 20 years (20 weeks irl) before dieing of old age. Roosters will never become infertile, and hens will never stop laying during their entire lives. Chickens can be entered into shows when they reach 6 months of age, and can breed upon reaching 8 months of age. Foundation chickens will be 1 year old when either used as starter chickens or are sold. Your starter Seeds will amount to 10000S. You can get more by getting at least 5th in a poultryshow, selling weaned chicks, or stuffing out your rooster. There will be a chat section that you can go to if you desire, to advertise your chickens, talk about the latest show, or talk about real life (no personal information please)! So far I have the Silkie and the Phoenix secured, what other breeds do you think I should include? BTW, this will be an app for the smartphone or tablet, I'll see about making a desktop/laptop version when I finish. Thanks!

-Poultrybreeder
When r u releasing it.

Hello all! Sorry I have been gone so long, I have been super busy. Anyway, I am working on this game where you can raise chickens. You can buy, sell, breed, or trade to get chickens. Your starter chickens are in the "foundation" menu. There you can choose what breeds you would like to start with. You will be allowed to pick 4 free starter chiclens from the list, 1 rooster and 3 hens. Each chicken will after that will cost 10,000S (S stands for Seeds). Foundation chickens are completely purebred, since no one has ever owned them before to put other breeds into them, and are the best choice for starting a purebred showline. You will be able to see your chickens in the "My Coop" menu of the toolbar. Your foundation chickens will be "Breed Quality", And you can get better quality ones by breeding the highest stat birds you have together. Be careful though! Because inbreeding will lower their show stats. People may put out their roosters for stud if they wish, sit that anyone can get chicks from him. The maximum amount of chicks that may hatch from one breeding is 3. It will take 2 months (2 real life days) for chicks to be weaned from their mother., although hatching happens right after breeding. Chickens will live and average of 20 years (20 weeks irl) before dieing of old age. Roosters will never become infertile, and hens will never stop laying during their entire lives. Chickens can be entered into shows when they reach 6 months of age, and can breed upon reaching 8 months of age. Foundation chickens will be 1 year old when either used as starter chickens or are sold. Your starter Seeds will amount to 10000S. You can get more by getting at least 5th in a poultryshow, selling weaned chicks, or stuffing out your rooster. There will be a chat section that you can go to if you desire, to advertise your chickens, talk about the latest show, or talk about real life (no personal information please)! So far I have the Silkie and the Phoenix secured, what other breeds do you think I should include? BTW, this will be an app for the smartphone or tablet, I'll see about making a desktop/laptop version when I finish. Thanks!

-Poultrybreeder
First of all, I just wanted to say that this is SO creative!! This idea is awesome, and I hope that everything goes well for you. When it gets released, I will tell you that I will try to be one of the first ones to get it! Great idea!!

Hmm, I'm debating... I had to increase the amount of time a chicken ages per day, to match the 20 weeks of life thing... Should I keep it so that an egg hatches right after breeding, or should I make a bit of time go by before they hatch? Like 3-4 hours. And if I add the option where you take the eggs away from the hen within the first hour of breeding, should I also add an option where you can sell the eggs to other people so they can hatch them? If I do that, I will probably also add the ability to buy an incubator, so that people can save eggs, and set a bunch of them at one time.
I think you should make it so you have to wait for them to hatch and you can sell eggs for people to hatch and you can buy an incubator.

20180618_133326.jpg

Here's a Silkie Hen model I drew. some chickens will have white backgrounds, others blue, it depends on what paper I had available at the moment! XD

Back
Top Bottom