Chicken Breeds and Pictures of Them

It might be easier to start with an established resource like Barry Koffler's FeatherSite than to create one in the form of a thread. It will make finding information relevant to the people that are searching for it, much harder.

Standard phoenixes. Got my first 4 a few years ago (4 I think)). It was an older trio (already 2 or 3 at the time) and a feathered out pullet about 10 weeks.

Since then they have multiplied to 7 related adults, and 7 related grow outs plus a trio unrelated I added just to loosen the strain on genetics. This count doesn't include about 30 that I'm not keeping/have already moved on, plus 3 I was going to keep but got into accidents

Lots of colors have come out of the originals, which were all golden duckwings.

Excellent brood mamas, taking giant clutches and often open to adopting if done right away.

Not sure in egg count since they're always building nests hidden away and coming back with babies, but I once found one that had 30 eggs before I pulled duds out

They live to roost, and the mama roosting here took her babies about 15 feet in the air at 6 weeks old to roost
Golden duckwing standard phoenixes, right?

I love the one picture with little baby heads sticking out of her feathers.
That is Strawberry. She hayched her first clutch which originally had about 12, including ine sumatra miracle chick. She is now down to two females, a male and who knows what the Sumatra is. I can't sex those things until they're like 4 months old at least XD. She has tried for 2 years now and this summer alone tried 3 times before success due to mice stealing eggs and chicks. Now at almost 3 months old, they still cuddle with her at night and she probably will oblige for another little while.

Back
Top Bottom