Chicken calculator settings for this hen

footballcoachmiller

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 24, 2009
Dandridge, TN
I am trying to find a match for the color of this chicken on the chicken calculator. If anyone knows what settings I should use for this color please let me know. This EE hen has a blue feather with red lacing and lemon colored hackle feathers. I would like to reproduce this color. I have a Blue laced silver EE roo and a EE roo that is what I think is a blue wheaton.

41831_cochin_pics_043.jpg

not sure on the calculator, i would sugest you pare her with the wheaten rooster and then breed a son from that mating back to her.

I'd like to see pics of your EE roosters to choose from.
wink.png
To put her exact color on the calculator would be tricky, as most EE's have a very "salad-like" genepool of colors, but I could easily say she's got some duckwing in there, some blue in there, gold coloring of course, and possibly but not entirely to a likelyhood, some columbian in there. The appearance of lacing may be some melanizers and may be something else. . .

As for reproducing the color, I'd like to see your roosters. Some EE's that look like Blue Wheatens are more of a Blue Breasted Red, and some are indeed blue Wheatens. If not, your blue laced silver looking one may be the ticket, as it sounds like he's a silver duckwing with melanizers. (The duckwing is what you want) - If you breed those two, half your offspring will turn out what you want.

Quote:
Those are not even close to blue Wheaton! That is just a mix color you probably won't get anything like that hen

I didn't think I would either. The only other roosters I have are a BLRW and GL cochin and a Buff cochin but I was wanting to keep EE traits if possible. I am sure none of these will come any closer.

Back
Top Bottom