Chicken Cam:

That's a great title!
lau.gif

I really doubt I can talk my husband into installing a remote camera in my coop... But, then again, he is an Electroninc Engineer, he might find it to be an interesting thing to do... maybe... I won't hold my breath.

And I doubt now is the time to bring it up... We just had a pipe break in the bathroom! Water everywhere! He thought I was filling the tub, I thought he was in the kitchen running water... Duh, good thing I went to see why he was running water so long!

These things only happen to us on Friday nights!! Puts him in the right mood for giving a sermon on Shabbat!!

Last edited:
Depends how you do it. If you can run cable, then an old video camera to a television or monitor will work.

I had an old wireless IP cam. We have a wireless network in the house so I just configured the cam into our existing network. I can only see it on the computer, and the coop is at the far range of the wireless signal so it's... inconsistent... but I can get a decent idea of what's happening.

The cam is an old Linksys cam. You can probably google to see how much they're going for.

Robot Chicken can tell you what he's using.

The other option would probably be a cheap security camera.

Back
Top Bottom