Chicken can't stand or walk, paralyzed??

If you think Ethel's beak is painful and keeping her from eating, your intuition is probably correct. Here is a thread with much helpful info on repairing a cracked beak,, including links within the thread. Are you still not able to use the BYC search function?
Nope, the magnifying glass is not there, on my phone anyway. I'm sure it's my phone because I just found out I have not received numerous phone calls and text messages from family, friends and customers over the last several weeks. Some come through some don't so I guess I'll spend some time on the phone with Spectrum tomorrow trying to figure out what's going on with this "new" 5g NOT so smart phone. I also don't see the links that you said you shared with information on how to repair a cracked beak. I can Google it and it'll probably bring me to this site anyway but until I figure out how to get my magnifying glass back I'm trying to use Google.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619-002204.png
    Screenshot_20230619-002204.png
    467.8 KB · Views: 15
Yes you are correct; the two with the red combs are males. Love their frizzled feathers!
Well I'm excited because we bought one small coop today that will hold a couple of chickens but I'm kind of thinking that the white and red Sizzle rooster will come to our house, on a different piece of property than Ethel though since she is sick, and this will be his coop. I'm going to pressure wash it and find a good disinfectant to clean it really well before we put any chickens in it. I'm going to paint it up to make it look cute and put some new wire on the outside run. Then we bought three other pieces from the same guy. One very large coop that will hold about 20 adults, which we don't have that many, so it'll be plenty big and we will build an outside run for that as well. And then he also had what he called a feed shed, not sure what we're going to use that for, and then he also had this really cute whatever he called it, (neighborhood egg share) but his neighbors used to call him constantly wanting eggs, so he built this thing, and put a mini fridge in it and ran an extension cord to it and the neighbors could just come by and get the eggs when they were available, at their convenience. It is so Cute! I can't wait to get it and post pictures of it. And then we're going to drive about 3 hours round trip to go get another really large coop that was actually a duck coop and it's huge, so I may use it from a mom's ducks. Or I may set it up on a frame and convert it to a chicken coop. I have so many ideas running through my head right now it's crazy. But with my mom not able to do things herself still, I want her chickens to be happy and want my mom to be happy when she sees their new homes. The blue and white one is the one we may convert from a duck coop to a chicken coop and build an outdoor run to go with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619-003707.png
    Screenshot_20230619-003707.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I need some advice on what to use to sanitize these new coops that we are going to pick up. I need to get the silkies, adults and babies out of the areas they are in because they are too small and it is stressing them out. I have the coop we picked up day before yesterday and I don't know how long it is been since there have been any chickens in it so I want to really clean it thoroughly. We're getting ready to pressure wash it now, but I want to spray it down with something and I have read several things that I can buy online such as tek-trol, virkon and oxine, but I'm hoping I can find something to pick up locally so we can do it tonight and put the chickens in it tomorrow morning. I don't want to use bleach because I'm afraid and I have read that the odor can be too strong. Will any basic disinfectant/ sanitizer that kills 99% of germs and viruses be sufficient or do I need to be looking for something more specific?
I have this bottle that is shown in the picture at home right now but it looks to just be a cleaner and deodorizer. I'm not sure what else I might be able to find around the house so any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

@Allsfairinloveandbugs
@Wyorp Rock
@azygous
@mrskenmore

Attachments

• 1687284668029383967001608856008.jpg
    1687284668029383967001608856008.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 16872846988957677710306492399437.jpg
    16872846988957677710306492399437.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 5
I am and have always been a huge fan of hot water and white vinegar- eggcited for your new coop! Those Frizzels are so cute!! Any names yet?
My husband has claimed the red/white rooster. We are referring to him as Freckles at the moment but he wants to come up with a new name for him. He got so excited a few nights ago because he heard/saw him trying to crow for the first time. 😂

My husband has claimed the red/white rooster. We are referring to him as Freckles at the moment but he wants to come up with a new name for him. He got so excited a few nights ago because he heard/saw him trying to crow for the first time. 😂
Well that is just adorable. He is so pint sized right now I feel like you could put him in your pocket and bring him every where you go lol 😆

Back
Top Bottom