Chicken carcass - *update on post #10 w/??*

I've put out the bones from 2 racks of ribs and found nary a bone. I don't know that they eat them or scatter them or bury them but they're gone. Chickens wouldn't give me a clue but all survived just fine.

Yep, all the time. They'll pick off every little scrap of meat and cartilage.

Chickens would agree that they taste great.

Nope, only because my DW boils everything down to make chicken stock and there is nothing worth feeding them. Same thing happens to the turkey carcass. My poor birds are deprived. On the other hand, when we have BBQed ribs they get those.

Chicken and turkey carcasses. My chickens love both, but seem to prefer the turkey over chicken.
lol.png

do you cut it up or grind it? I just boiled down the carcass and tore it into large pieces and am going to let it cool. Will it be okay to just put the pieces out? Will they eat the bones? Can the pieces be too big?

I am keeping the stock for the dogs though...

Thanks!

Carol

Quote:
I just throw the whole carcass out to them. The little vultures...I mean chickens...know what to do with it. Later in the day I go out and remove any bones that I find left so as not to attract predators.

I give mine the whole carcasses. They eat it faster than a pack of wild dogs on a fresh kill! They also get all the rib bones, porkchop bones and scraps, venison scraps, venison parts and whatever other leftover meat that nobody wants to eat but its still good. My dog is jealous cause he cant have any. Sensitive guy. Doesnt stop him from running around the chicken run though. My girls just give him the evil eye and continue their destruction of the carcass. I just hope I never slip and fall and hit my head in the run because the only thing that will be found are my picked clean bones!!!

Back
Top Bottom