Chicken died this morning. 3 days and she's gone.

chickenwhisperer16

Songster
12 Years
Jan 19, 2011
I wrote I believe 2 days ago and I told you I was going to take my chicken out of the flock. I treated her for 2 days and this morning went to get her and she couldn't even stand up. He breathing was very labored and gurgly. When I picked her up I noticed her legs and feet were Hot like she had a fever. Could this be? I am really hoping she wasn't contagious to my whole flock. She passed away early this morning. ~Very sad for my Peggy Sue a 5 yr old barred rock

I'm so sorry to hear about Peggy Sue. The hot feet could have been a sign of fever and you need to watch the rest of them closely. It sounds to me as if it were a respiratory disease that took her. It could have been one she was exposed to when she was younger and just decided to pay another visit. IB is a real good one for that. It may also be that there has been a new exposure to something and you'll need to figure out what and where.

Again, I am so very sorry you lost her. Five years, wow! That's a long friendship you got to enjoy.

I'm so sorry to hear about Peggy Sue.  The hot feet could have been a sign of fever and you need to watch the rest of them closely.  It sounds to me as if it were a respiratory disease that took her.  It could have been one she was exposed to when she was younger and just decided to pay another visit.  IB is a real good one for that.  It may also be that there has been a new exposure to something and you'll need to figure out what and where.

Again, I am so very sorry you lost her.  Five years, wow!  That's a long friendship you got to enjoy.

What is IB. What do you mean a disease she was exposed to before?? How do you figure out a new exposure??

Back
Top Bottom