Chicken dying will be putting down soon...very sad

Wanted to add she was perfectly normal up until Thursday night. She went downhill fast. She's expelling fluids after being on Baytril for two days. This is just like before. I'm praying that she pulls through.

Right now she won't even stand up and is just panting with a dark flopped over comb. Now, I'm thinking she won't last the night.

Trying to remember how it was last time.

I'm kicking myself for not catching this sooner this time around. Her abdomen was a little swollen and crop slow earlier this week. I thought she would go into a molt and this would subside for a while.

It's just hard to see. She's gone downhill so fast, with in two days

She's not panting as hard anymore, either. Still has a dark comb, though. I do remember her looking really bad last time, not sure if it was this bad. But, if there is improvement then the medicine is working.

Has anyone drained a hen. I was reading posts and looking at video, but still neverous about doing it. Bottom right just under vent? No more than 40 ml?

Last edited:
I have never done it but i send a big hug to you and your hen, i had at least two internal layers and i know how is difficult to keep up with their ups and down.:hugs My best best whishes for your hen:love

Back
Top Bottom