Chicken dying will be putting down soon...very sad

Thank you
She stood up twice on her own (she kept flopping over last night when I tried to stand her up) and her comb color is better.

Did you end up putting them down? I'm hoping I can get her spayed in another month or so.

I have drained a hen. Scary but once you do it it's not so bad.I watched a video too and had no problems. I did not use the syringe,just let it flow out the needle. Made a huge difference for the hen. Good luck!:fl
I was thinking I would fill a large syringe. Is there a particular trick to it? Or is it a straightforward as the videos make it out to be.

Hopefully, she expells most of the fluid on her own like last time. Then I won't have to drain her.

I was thinking I would fill a large syringe. Is there a particular trick to it? Or is it a straightforward as the videos make it out to be.

Hopefully, she expells most of the fluid on her own like last time. Then I won't have to drain her.
I used a large needle,left the syringe off and held her on my lap so it would drain into a jar.Pulling back on the syringe and holding her was to hard. It is straightforward.I figured I would loss the hen if I didn't so I gave it a go.

Back
Top Bottom