chicken eye waterery no nasal discharge

imran zia

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 16, 2013
Started with one eye now both

I hope someone answers your question about the runny eyes, as I have a 12 wk old Ameracauna chick quarinteened for the same reason. Otherwise this chick seems very healthy and eats and drinks good. I had bought a few birds with gapeworms. This one was not one of them, but was in a cage next to them. The rest of the Ameracaunas bought are OK. I did find one dead after a day running free, but I think it crowded the Bantam Rooster. I have culled the birds with gapeworms. I also have another bird, a Buff Orphington, that is 4 months old that has developed in body size (bone structure), but has no meat to speak off. Now she has the runny nose. Poop is still looking right. She’s hard to cull, as she is probably the friendliest chicken I’ve ever had.

I just responded to another post.... My chick looked exactly the same.... After treating myself for 4 weeks with no improvement, I took him to the Dr. He gave him a shot of doxycycline and eye drops. Diagnosed with with conjunctivitis and sinus infection. You can get doxycyline in fish antibiotics but I do not know the dosage.

Back
Top Bottom