Chicken Feed/Tractors

2LongLuckRanch2

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2023
Hi guys, do any of you know if Farm and Fleet sells specialized meat bird feed? If not, where is the best place to purchase from. I also wondered what type of chicken tractor design was the best.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231209_171129_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231209_171129_Google.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 68
Hi guys, do any of you know if Farm and Fleet sells specialized meat bird feed? If not, where is the best place to purchase from. I also wondered what type of chicken tractor design was the best.
Every store can carry different items, so it would be a good idea to visit your local Farm and Fleet either in person or online (put in your location) to see what products are available in stock.

There are numerous chicken tractor designs, so do some research, find some YouTube videos of raising meat birds and see what others actually have worked with and listen to their comments about what has best worked for them.
Your climate and areas where you will be placing the tractor will also affect which design best fits your situation.

Every store can carry different items, so it would be a good idea to visit your local Farm and Fleet either in person or online (put in your location) to see what products are available in stock.

There are numerous chicken tractor designs, so do some research, find some YouTube videos of raising meat birds and see what others actually have worked with and listen to their comments about what has best worked for them.
Your climate and areas where you will be placing the tractor will also affect which design best fits your sitsituation
Thank you so much! I did some research online. Does anyone know how a Suscovich (sorry if spelled incorrectly) Chicken Tractor works in a climate like Southern Wisconsin?

Thank you so much! I did some research online. Does anyone know how a Suscovich (sorry if spelled incorrectly) Chicken Tractor works in a climate like Southern Wisconsin?
Suscovich is correct. His website it below, he also has a few videos on youtube and you can buy his book off amazon that has the plans for the mobile coop.
The design like most all chicken tractors are made to be used mostly during meat raising season. But you could modify/add to the design to make it winter worthy too. Perhaps it would have to stay stationary for winter.
https://farmmarketingsolutions.com/stress-free-chicken-tractor-plans

Sheraton Park Farms that is based here in NC uses Suscovich style tractors during meat season.

I do have the Suscovich book, got it a few years ago, haven't built one, but it's something I would consider using here in NC as well. I'm not sure how manageable the weight and moving it would be for me since I'm older, but I can see a younger person having no problems.

Just keep digging, use good keyword searches and watch videos. **Most** small homesteaders/cottage farms will have some type of reviews/updates on the pros/cons of styles they have tried, you just have to hunt for them.

All that said - ultimately the best test is to just try something, see how it works for you, modify and tweak as needed to make it your own.

Back
Top Bottom