Chicken fluffed up not moving/lethargic full crop HELP!

OmensFlock

Hatching
Oct 7, 2023
So far I have had two chicken who have had these symptoms the first one we ended up thinking was eggbound (she wasnt) and she died the next day. This time we have another hen who is showing the same symptoms. Both ate just fine refused to drink water and wouldnt poop. They were also both fluffed up not moving until someone approached them then they slowly wobbled away although once picked up they seem calm.

How old are the chickens? Have they been laying eggs recently? What do their droppings look like? Can you feel of the crop to see if it is emptying by morning? Are they getting layer feed and crushed oyster shell for extra calcium?

How old are the chickens? Have they been laying eggs recently? What do their droppings look like? Can you feel of the crop to see if it is emptying by morning? Are they getting layer feed and crushed oyster shell for extra calcium?
The first one was around 3 (probably older since she was a rescue) the one we have currently is probably around 2 1/2 . They have not been laying recently and we checked and they arent eggbound. They have not pooped at all.
Our previous bird wich died from this her crop didnt get smaller. And they are fed layered feed. The layered feed has extra calcium

The first one was around 3 (probably older since she was a rescue) the one we have currently is probably around 2 1/2 . They have not been laying recently and we checked and they arent eggbound. They have not pooped at all.
Our previous bird wich died from this her crop didnt get smaller. And they are fed layered feed. The layered feed has extra calcium
I had that with a 3-year-okd hen and she also had watery poop. Sometimes clear. I stopped feeding bread and returned to just feed and sunflower seeds and she eventually, but slowly, turned around and was fine. Hope yours did the same.

Back
Top Bottom