Chicken has Diarrhea and I Need Help Curing It.

jballone

Songster
8 Years
Jul 4, 2011
Hello all,

This summer I obtained (3) chickens and all has gone well until about 12 days ago. One of the chickens (unknown breed - dark w/pea comb) started having diarrhea. The diarrhea started out extremely watery and is now watery with some green matter. I searched this site and tried some of the suggested cures: plain yogurt, wheat bran, epsom salt in water, DE in food. I'm at a loss?

I just started all the chickens on their first worming with Wazine today. These chickens were given to me and I do not know their age or medical history.

I keep their small coop spotless and their water is always fresh & clean. They free-range all day so they aren't "cooped" up. The affected chicken appears normal and is active, eats well and shows no signs of listness or lethergy.

Can worms cause diarrhea like this? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for all the help!
Joe

Last edited:
Hello all,

This summer I obtained (3) chickens and all has gone well until about 12 days ago. One of the chickens (unknown breed - dark w/pea comb) started having diarrhea. The diarrhea started out extremely watery and is now watery with some green matter. I searched this site and tried some of the suggested cures: plain yogurt, wheat bran, epsom salt in water, DE in food. I'm at a loss?

I just started all the chickens on their first worming with Wazine today. These chickens were given to me and I do not know their age or medical history.

I keep their small coop spotless and their water is always fresh & clean. They free-range all day so they aren't "cooped" up. The affected chicken appears normal and is active, eats well and shows no signs of listness or lethergy.

Can worms cause diarrhea like this? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for all the help!
Joe

Yes worms can cause diarrhea. Wazine only gets rid of large roundworms, dispose the treated water after 24 hours. Redose them in 10 days with a different wormer such as valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer or safeguard liquid goat wormer. Dosage for standard size birds with either wormer is 1/2cc given orally undiluted to each chicken. Epsom salt water mixture causes diarrhea in chickens FYI. Stop feeding them all that other stuff and feed them regular layer feed.

Back
Top Bottom