chicken has two bottoms

The bone is her tail bone (colloquially known as the parson's nose when the chicken is on the dinner table ;))
Not sure if it is too low or her vents are too high but obviously things are not quite where they should be. The other birds may peck at it just because it looks odd, so keep an eye out for an injury. Hard to say if the tail bone will cause an issue when it comes to laying or if she will ever lay. She may be developmentally stunted or abnormal in other respects too. You might be onto a winner if she has 2 oviducts and can produce 2 eggs in a day (I'm jesting here because she would have to spend the rest of the day at the feeder to ingest enough calories to support that sort of production and it would kill her sooner or later.... I would not wish that on her. I hope she is able to live a healthy and comfortable existence.
Thanks for posting the photo.

The bone is her tail bone (colloquially known as the parson's nose when the chicken is on the dinner table ;))
Not sure if it is too low or her vents are too high but obviously things are not quite where they should be. The other birds may peck at it just because it looks odd, so keep an eye out for an injury. Hard to say if the tail bone will cause an issue when it comes to laying or if she will ever lay. She may be developmentally stunted or abnormal in other respects too. You might be onto a winner if she has 2 oviducts and can produce 2 eggs in a day (I'm jesting here because she would have to spend the rest of the day at the feeder to ingest enough calories to support that sort of production and it would kill her sooner or later.... I would not wish that on her. I hope she is able to live a healthy and comfortable existence.
Thanks for posting the photo.
Wow - thanks for the info - I hope Im doing the right thing with her - will def make sure no-one bullies her but am very nervous re: egg producing time. Maybe I will take her to the vet, I live rural and my vet is not avarian but may be worth a try xx

She also has a face...lol...seems happy enough...shes the one at the front with no tail feathers.
DSC06466.JPG

Back
Top Bottom