Chicken head and tail drooping

when I hold her for long periods of time, she still seems to sneeze though

I also found another hard bone like object in her poop that has also much remained the same being dryish and light brown color, its gotten a bit less dry and sometimes is dark brown and goey but its inconsistent, either way worried about every time I find white boney pieces
Can you get some photos of the white boney pieces. I must have missed that part.

It's good that her breathing is improved with the medication. Sneezing if held for a long time is interesting though. Does she sneeze when she's not held?

If the poop is really dry, then you can give her 1 tsp coconut oil or mineral oil twice a day for a couple of days to help with constipation. A dark brown gooey poop sounds like Cecal poop which is normal. This comes from the Ceca and is only produced about 1 out of every 8-10 poops, so it's an intermittent type of poop.

Layer feed does provide calcium, but some hens need more or they don't absorb the calcium like they should. Giving extra Calcium for a few days should not poison her.

Can you get some photos of the white boney pieces. I must have missed that part.

It's good that her breathing is improved with the medication. Sneezing if held for a long time is interesting though. Does she sneeze when she's not held?

If the poop is really dry, then you can give her 1 tsp coconut oil or mineral oil twice a day for a couple of days to help with constipation. A dark brown gooey poop sounds like Cecal poop which is normal. This comes from the Ceca and is only produced about 1 out of every 8-10 poops, so it's an intermittent type of poop.

Layer feed does provide calcium, but some hens need more or they don't absorb the calcium like they should. Giving extra Calcium for a few days should not poison her.

I don't know if I think she regularly sneezes when she is held I think she just sneezes still, I don't know if their is a correlation though she would for sure wheeze a bit more if I held her for a while before I put her on tylosan. Here is another picture of the hard stools they are boney and white witch is why I was afraid that they were due to her having to much calcium, if she truly needs it as you say I will make sure to grind the calcium supplement into her wet wet feed. I will also give her some coconut or mineral oil and see if it makes a difference, she still seems to avoid drinking water which is what alarms me the most, its not like she doesn't drink any at all I still see her drink some from time to time but I feel the dryness of the poop is the most telling, I have been handing feeding her some water with a syringe and her poop although looking the same has gotten a bit more wet as a result.

Also one more question is there any sort of probiotic I should be using one done with tylosan and amox treatments? I will do it if I have to but I am trying to save money as I am not made of it.

Attachments

• hard stools.jpg
    hard stools.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 5
I don't think I've seen anything like that. Does it break apart?
I wonder if that's something she's ingested and she's finally passing it.
@Eggcessive thoughts?

If she's not drinking well and you are giving Tylosin powder that goes in the water, you'll need to syringe that into her several times a day.

Probiotics can be helpful to restore the gut when antibiotics have been given. You can use purchased probiotics or if you eat yogurt, drink buttermilk, give her 1Tablespoon plain yogurt or buttermilk daily. This can be stirred into the wet feed. But it's not always necessary.

I don't think I've seen anything like that. Does it break apart?
I wonder if that's something she's ingested and she's finally passing it.
@Eggcessive thoughts?

If she's not drinking well and you are giving Tylosin powder that goes in the water, you'll need to syringe that into her several times a day.

Probiotics can be helpful to restore the gut when antibiotics have been given. You can use purchased probiotics or if you eat yogurt, drink buttermilk, give her 1Tablespoon plain yogurt or buttermilk daily. This can be stirred into the wet feed. But it's not always necessary.

they are as hard as rocks and bones, its not like she passes them constantly though, so far the girl seems fine, she did some orange poop earlier but I was reading an article and that is supposed to mean its cleaning through her digestive track or something, no blood in it so no parasite infection.

The amox came in as well so will begin that treatment once I am done with tyolsan, any specific probiotics or will yogurt do fine?

I’ve never seen anything like the rocks in her poop before. Many of the commercial feeds contain probiotics now. But plain yogurt, buttermilk are both good inexpensive for probiotics, and most feed stores sell Probios and other probiotics.

I’ve never seen anything like the rocks in her poop before. Many of the commercial feeds contain probiotics now. But plain yogurt, buttermilk are both good inexpensive for probiotics, and most feed stores sell Probios and other probiotics.

Well she does seem to be a lot healthier reguardless at the moment, I will check for some local probiotics and yogurt/buttermilk, hopefully she just ate some hard objects and finally passed them through.

Although her breathing has improved for sure she still seems to sneeze, still a little worried about this, today is last day of tylosan treament so hopefully things should be better now.

My girl seems to poop orange poop a lot more, I haven't seen any blood in her poop since she had that parasite infection but I had already cured her of it a while ago, still getting worried reguardless though? Does orange poop mean anything bad?

Back
Top Bottom