Chicken math is a real thing!!! Living proof here in Selma, ca

Welcome to BackYard Chickens! Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I hope your flock remains happy and healthy!

Remarkable!!! These animals are so incredible šŸ˜
They definitely are! Chickens are stereotyped as dumb and emotionless, but they have a complex social hierarchy, remember over a hundred human faces and a thousand chicken faces, experience emotions as far as jealousy and loss, and are as smart as a dog. Yep, that means they can easily learn commands such as sit, stay, etc.

Welcome to BackYard Chickens! Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I hope your flock remains happy and healthy!

They definitely are! Chickens are stereotyped as dumb and emotionless, but they have a complex social hierarchy, remember over a hundred human faces and a thousand chicken faces, experience emotions as far as jealousy and loss, and are as smart as a dog. Yep, that means they can easily learn commands such as sit, stay, etc.
If only they would/could learn the "don't poop on the porch" command.

I am new here - Iā€™m located in selma, Ca and I started with 4 chicks in Feb 2023.. then I got 1 more.. then I got 2 moreā€¦. And then I got 3 moreā€¦. And I definitely donā€™t have plans to go see some more after work tomorrowā€¦

Anyways, I currently have -
2 - RIR hens
2 - EE hens
4 - Welbar hens (possibly bielefelder Iā€™m not sure)
1 - cuckoo maran cross hen
1 - White Brahma Roo

I love my chickens, raising them is so fun and when they begin laying it is very rewarding.
My favorite part of my daily routine is collecting the eggs from my girls and admiring how beautiful they are! My favorites are currently the brown freckled eggs I get from my Welbars.

My husband and I are both 26 y/o & live in the countryside of Selma, Ca. We have 10 chickens, 5 dogs, 2 cats, 1 turtle & 1 snake - and besides my animals gardening is a great passion of mine.

I decided to finally joint BYC after about 6 months of consistent lurking :)View attachment 3668336
Hi, welcome to BYC! It's nice to meet you.
Those are some cute hens, I love the little ombre they have!
I hope you have lots of fun here!

I am new here - Iā€™m located in selma, Ca and I started with 4 chicks in Feb 2023.. then I got 1 more.. then I got 2 moreā€¦. And then I got 3 moreā€¦. And I definitely donā€™t have plans to go see some more after work tomorrowā€¦

Anyways, I currently have -
2 - RIR hens
2 - EE hens
4 - Welbar hens (possibly bielefelder Iā€™m not sure)
1 - cuckoo maran cross hen
1 - White Brahma Roo

I love my chickens, raising them is so fun and when they begin laying it is very rewarding.
My favorite part of my daily routine is collecting the eggs from my girls and admiring how beautiful they are! My favorites are currently the brown freckled eggs I get from my Welbars.

My husband and I are both 26 y/o & live in the countryside of Selma, Ca. We have 10 chickens, 5 dogs, 2 cats, 1 turtle & 1 snake - and besides my animals gardening is a great passion of mine.

I decided to finally joint BYC after about 6 months of consistent lurking :)View attachment 3668336
HI Treeoflife, I know exactly where you're from-I'm from Kingsburg! Welcome and nice hens.

Back
Top Bottom