Chicken math prevailed!

Pics
@Quackter & @BigBlueHen53 ..... how did you know?!?! Okay, so... here's what happened. No Rural King within 100 miles of us... But I sent Chicken Man to get feed. Can you guess what my TSC is out of again?! :he:th:barnie I'm so sick of this. Calling corporate. AGAIN. Anyway... so... I get a phone call while he's gone.
"Baby, they're out of the feed again." "Great. Stupid sonsa... What *do* they have?" "Well, if you'll hold on just a minute, I'm going to tell you what kinda chicks they've got." AAAAHHHHHHHHHH....... Baby was napping so I squealed but not too loud... Y'all..... they had Brahmas... Salmon Faverolles.... FEATHER FEET!!!!! :wee:wee:wee:wee:wee Bring me alllllll the chickens!!! They also had ISA Browns, Asians and some others we already have. Guess who brought me home a peeping box!! :love:love:love I married an enabler. He's the *best*!! 2 Brahmas, 2 SFs, 1 ISA Brown (Though, looks a little on the red side..) and 1 Asian are now added and I'm cutting myself off.. :lau:gig:lau Ready for some cuteness???
IMG_0720.jpg
IMG_0724.jpg

I'm in looooove with these feather footed, bearded faces... Ahhhhhhh!!!

Lol. @Quackter speaketh like an Enabler... @MissMarple , I have neglected to say how glad I am that you, the younglings and Chicken Man are all on the road to recovery. This ailment sounds very mysterious, with its constellation of symptoms but no fever... I'd be curious to know if you ever figure out or learn what it was. DH and I are finishing a round of prednisolone for allergies to mold, ragweed n whatnot, so much fun, but definitely feeling better. Hits him harder cuz he mows, I do this :oops: and bake cookies lol. Let us know many chicks you *ahem* (don't) get at Rural King! :lau

Also... Thank you so much!!! None of us went to the doctor because, well, no fever, and medicine helped the kids. I honestly thought it was just allergies at first until the body/joint aches set in and then I couldn't understand. Lots of people on our timelines on Facebook talked about having the same symptoms. Some doctors were calling it a summer flu, others were saying it was sinusitis and bronchitis so I don't have a clue. I just know it was awful and I feel so bad that my kids must've felt the way I did. One night of it, I couldn't even lift my arms above my head to dry my hair. So wild. I do fully understand why the baby wanted nothing but Momma the whole time she was sick. I wanted my Momma too. :(

Oh goodness!! Glad y'all are feeling better as well!! :highfive: Hah! I need Chicken Man to put the head back on the weed eater so I can finish up the yard. My front yard looks terrible because bermuda that refuses to grow in my actual yard has taken over my flowerbed that has no flowers in it. :lau I carried the trash out night before last, looked at the yard and thought, "Hey, I should go ahead and mow this before it gets much taller." :th

Also... Thank you so much!!! None of us went to the doctor because, well, no fever, and medicine helped the kids. I honestly thought it was just allergies at first until the body/joint aches set in and then I couldn't understand. Lots of people on our timelines on Facebook talked about having the same symptoms. Some doctors were calling it a summer flu, others were saying it was sinusitis and bronchitis so I don't have a clue. I just know it was awful and I feel so bad that my kids must've felt the way I did. One night of it, I couldn't even lift my arms above my head to dry my hair. So wild. I do fully understand why the baby wanted nothing but Momma the whole time she was sick. I wanted my Momma too. :(

Oh goodness!! Glad y'all are feeling better as well!! :highfive: Hah! I need Chicken Man to put the head back on the weed eater so I can finish up the yard. My front yard looks terrible because bermuda that refuses to grow in my actual yard has taken over my flowerbed that has no flowers in it. :lau I carried the trash out night before last, looked at the yard and thought, "Hey, I should go ahead and mow this before it gets much taller." :th
MissMarple I got a tea we use, Just a big (like 12oz coffee mug) Right at boiling water. I slice off 2 quarter size slices of fresh ginger, whackem' with the side of the knife a couple times then cover them with some white sugar to draw the goodness out, leave set about 5 minutes, then add a cinnamon stick, 2-3 cardamom pods, (I bust them open), a tea bag, let it all seep about 10 mins ginger and all. It will make you feel better, and I swear it shortens a cold/flu. It's delicious, and even the kids ask for it when sick. I do a shot of 1/4 tsp turmeric in about a quarter cup of water just before I sip the tea, I would say to put it in but it ruins the taste, so I gag it down, it really ain't that bad. Glad you are feeling better.

MissMarple I got a tea we use, Just a big (like 12oz coffee mug) Right at boiling water. I slice off 2 quarter size slices of fresh ginger, whackem' with the side of the knife a couple times then cover them with some white sugar to draw the goodness out, leave set about 5 minutes, then add a cinnamon stick, 2-3 cardamom pods, (I bust them open), a tea bag, let it all seep about 10 mins ginger and all. It will make you feel better, and I swear it shortens a cold/flu. It's delicious, and even the kids ask for it when sick. I do a shot of 1/4 tsp turmeric in about a quarter cup of water just before I sip the tea, I would say to put it in but it ruins the taste, so I gag it down, it really ain't that bad. Glad you are feeling better.

Annnnnnd, I'll be saving this!!! Thank you!! Will definitely be trying this out the next time something like that hits our house again!!

You're very welcome. The only complaint I ever got on it was a sarcastic "Thanks, I got to go to work now". :lau That shot of tumeric is important, reduces inflamation.

You're very welcome. The only complaint I ever got on it was a sarcastic "Thanks, I got to go to work now". :lau That shot of tumeric is important, reduces inflamation.

Yes!!! My mom actually has some to use specifically for that. Whether or not she's actually tried it, I don't know. Supposed to be extremely good for things like fibromyalgia. As well as all sorts of other things..

@Quackter, could you please message me the recipe for that tea? It sounds fantastic! I want to keep that in my archive.

@MissMarple, LOVE the new chicks!! Especially your lovely little Light Brahmas. (I love Brahmas). Just be warned, they mature slowly, and get BIG...eventually! So will the Asian, that's a Jersey Giant/Brahma/Cochin combo. YAY for feather-footed Godzilla chickens!! :celebrate

How come my TSC doesn't have such cute chickies? I actually (gasp!) walked away without feeling all bad and empty! They were NOT attractive. No fun breeds at all except for the Asians, and I prefer Jerseys...

Getting my fence tomorrow! New chicks soon!!:celebrate:wee:ya:jumpy

@ChickenMan1418, don't take this the wrong way, but you know every woman on this thread is in love with you, right? LOL! :lauSeriously, you rock. So does @MissMarple. You guys are awesome!:love

Hold the phone..... you mean I am supposed to be able to Count them!
Oh shoot I knew I missed something.... ok 11 new ones in the brooder hatched today 3 more screaming in the bator, mad because they are wet and I won't let them out. 8? I think? From the last 2 to 3 weeks still in the brooder, oh and 25 maybe 35 in the first stage growout that are between 3 weeks and 2.5 months. The second stage growout has my 60? Ish from my may hatched chicks. And then we have 4 layer pens ranging between 20 and 30 layers with 2 to 4 roosters per pen. A smaller growout I am currently using as a breeder pen with 3 red broiler hens hatched March 1st, a white laced red cornish, a black austolorp and a project bird that I hatched out of a Big white rooster I had up till last fall(he was a gift I was told was s leghorn but at 14 pounds I dont think so).... 25 or so ducks of various ages and 30ish turkeys and all of this started 10 or so years ago by thinking I needed a dozen hens for eggs

Back
Top Bottom