Sponsored Post Chicken Math Strikes Again!

I will post pics. Ideal does such a wonderful job. I will never order elsewhere. I always pass along Ideal to people wanting order. If any of you are thinking about ordering you will not ne disappointed I promise. The customer service is wonderful and their birds are exceptional. This is a customer for life right here. Now if I can just build pens faster than buying chicks I might be ok lol

Despite losses this winter they are one of my favorite hatcheries as they do have very good specials and arrive here a day sooner than the other hatcheries. In warmer weather I have had very good luck with them. Maiden, fyi, shipping stress in cold can take up to a week.
fl.gif
that none of yours show this and all your babies do well. I do plan to still use Ideal this spring/summer as I sell at swaps and customers like sexed pullets vs straight run. I plan on placing a large order in March. Are there any discounts for customers who order large numbers? Perhaps all at once or added up throughout the year?
oh...and I figured out why I'm not getting an email response, your [email protected] email bounces back.

Last edited:
Despite losses this winter they are one of my favorite hatcheries as they do have very good specials and arrive here a day sooner than the other hatcheries. In warmer weather I have had very good luck with them. Maiden, fyi, shipping stress in cold can take up to a week.
fl.gif
that none of yours show this and all your babies do well. I do plan to still use Ideal this spring/summer as I sell at swaps and customers like sexed pullets vs straight run. I plan on placing a large order in March. Are there any discounts for customers who order large numbers? Perhaps all at once or added up throughout the year?
oh...and I figured out why I'm not getting an email response, your [email protected] email bounces back.
I have never had any problems with chicks from Ideal not making it which is why it is the only hatchery I will use. I of course will be ordering more in spring... It never ends

fl.gif
[email protected] is the correct e-mail. Can you tell me where you saw the help address? I thought we had taken that off all of our publications?

To become a wholesale dealer for us you have to buy an average of 400 chicks a month during the months of March, April & May.

Will you be having these kinds of sales closer to Spring? It's too cold for me to have chicks shipped but would love some bantam wyandottes.

Thank you for the response. The email address is found by right clicking the customer service link on your main page.

Ideal Poultry has been a FANTASTIC supporter of BYC over the years. They became one of our very first sponsors when we were super tiny and we've been very grateful for their partnership as they have helped us handle such tremendous growth over the years!

A few years ago we ordered some Buff ducklings from Ideal. Lost the entire shipment! Checked the tracking number and they were in a sort facility for almost 24 hours near Dallas, TX The temp dropped to 35 in Dallas that night. My guess was they were left on the dock out in the cold. Ideal did not have to do anything. It was not their fault. However, the next week we had our ducks... alive and well.

Ideal DOES NOT sell show quality. However, they do use the Standard of Perfection in choosing many of their breeders. I have seen some very nice quality come out of Ideal. I know of several taht have bought a large quantity of a breed, culled heavy and worked hard to improve. Thanks to Ideal, many very rare breeds are coming back. The Barred Hollands are just one breed that Ideal has helped preserve. Breeders are using the stock from ideal, exchanging eggs and improving their flocks. Ideal's Barred Hollands seem to produce the whitest eggs of many. Some brown and tinted still show up, but its a start.

Keep up the good work, Ideal!

Received my shipment of 12 assorted pullets, 9 males added for warmth. 1 pullet arrived DOA and another that was acting sickly has since died. I will call them Monday to ask for a credit for those 2 chicks. All the other, especially the boys, are all hale and hearty. The assortment that I received was very nice, and I will definitely order from Ideal again.

Back
Top Bottom