Chicken "mutt" club!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by redneck farmer, Feb 8, 2013.

1. bamitsbrittany

bamitsbrittany Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2013
    I dont care what I have... I dont mind mixes. They are just for fun!! I just took the comment as not so nice lol. In think they are cool looking chickens. =]

2. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    AAAWWWWWW, I bet she is beautiful!!!!
    My new chicks are silkie x sultan / polish... some having purply-black skin....tufts on their heads just showing up...LOL too funny!

This one has splash, like the mama......all have same mama, notice the dark legs, and little feathering on legs
    [​IMG]
    Here is a closeup of the tail of that one, I think it will be silkied, feather-wise, I hope
    [​IMG]
    here's another one, notice the tuft and yellow beak....
    [​IMG]
    and another....
    [​IMG]
    and the other that looks just like the one above.....all will be splash
    [​IMG]
    except this one, weirdo chick.....I have no idea where that color came from....Mutt Fun!!

[​IMG]

3. chicknfun

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    I love your chickies, they are really cute, and all different!!
    [​IMG]

4. chicknfun

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL

5. chicknfun

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL

6. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    Finally went and took pictures.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. fingbob

fingbob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2013
    Astoria, Oregon
    I think they are chickens!!!! [​IMG] They will cluck, lay eggs, and run around. I don't know breeds well enough to help you out. My thought is if you aren't showing them in fairs or such, who cares!

8. flytie

flytie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2013
    New Jersey
    Yes! My camera finally finished charging, so I was able to take some pictures. I have 6 different breeds, 2 of the barred rocks, I'll name them in the photos... Oh! and by the way, The discriptions are at the bottom, NOT the top of the pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is Brooke, my australorp. She's the only one not to run from my hand when I reach in the brooder. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is Yellow, my Buff Orp. She's a big, poofy scardy cat!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this is Echo, one of my barred rocks. Her beak is a little red because about a week ago, she got pecked a weee bit too much and it bled. Don't worry, i put blue coat on it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    OMG CHIKI!!! I JUST REALIZED YOU NEVER WERE LOOKING AT THE CAMERA! NOOOOOO! ...Rhode island red btw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This Is Cinnamon, my brown leghorn. She didn't like being out, so I don't have many pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ...My other Barred Rock... SHE FLYS EVERYWHERE. Her name is Henna, she's so sweet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And....What you've all been waiting for...hopefully. My little cutie mutt! She's the EE I've been talking about. Her name is Gem, and she is SO ADORABLE! She's fluffy and fuzzy, and NEVER poops on ANYONE. She's the nicest and I'm going to use her for the handling part of showing

So you all know, these birds are mostly about 1 1/4 month old. My Barred Rocks are closer to 3/4 months because they were replacments for the birds that died in the mail! <3 --Flytie <3

9. Angelicisi

Angelicisi Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    My new mutt I took in today. The barnyard she came from had waaaaay to many kinds for a newb like me to sort out! I saw ton of the lacewing patterns on the bully roosters that were there lol. Her feathers glisten a green iridescent color I had only seen in ducks before! Lol Hopefully my girls will accept her in time.

10. pdx2phx

pdx2phx Chased by Chickens

Apr 12, 2010
    SE Coastal GA
    My Coop
    Pretty lady!

She reminds me a little of my gold lace wyandotte - maybe she's got some of that mixed in there [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by