Chicken Names To LOL At!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Elena712, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Elena712

Elena712 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2010
    On A Farm
    Here Is a Thread To Post Your Chicken's Random or Funny Names!

For example, You Might Have a White Leghorn That's Name Is Squeackers (I think I spelled It Right) You Can Post the Reason

Crazy Legs- White Sultan Roo, Reason? Dances everytime anyone comes to near his pen (We keep him away from ALL The girls!)

2. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    General Buford. The way he struts around, if he could talk he'd probably sound like Sam Elliot playing General Buford in the movie, 'Gettysburg'. 'Girls, get outta them woods, it's TERRIBLE ground, TERRIBLE ground, I can see it as if it is happening before my eyes, there'll be the DEVIL to pay, you stay in there, you'll be in the neighbor's stew pot!'

General Pickett. He just looks like General Pickett.

Edmund. He has hesitant, quizzical slightly disoriented look about him, sort of like Hugh Grant's character Edmund in 'Sense and Sensibility'. 'Married? Me? I'm not married, you must mean my brother'. And a masochistic streak from getting picked on so much, he has NO HENS, so he wanders solitarily, he goes walking into the horse's paddock and gets chased out - about 132 times a day.

Rumpy Gravenstein. Has no tail feathers.

Marin. Pale blond feathers on her front, so named her after my friend who was the offspring of extremely affluent hippies, named Marin. Yes. After Marin county, the center of civilization.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  3. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Twinkie for an Easter Egger rooster. DH named him when he was a chick. He was a cute little silver-chipmunk thing. Now that he's full grown, it doesn't seem to fit. My mother is after us to change his name (our other roo is Fred and the neighbors have a Sam and Jake).

We also have an Arrow, named because she had an arrowhead like marking on her head as a chick and we thought she might be a roo.

4. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

I have one chicken that we call the witch with a capital B! she is just so mean to the other ones, sometime just witch for short

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Years ago I had a banty rooster called Mr. Banty Pants. We all know how little bantys can strut. This little fella had this odd habit of getting all puffed up then suddenly stop and flatten his feathers to look at each feathered foot. He'd take a second to preen his midline and it looked like he was pulling up his pants. Once he ascertained was properly dressed, he would puff up again and proceed to flog whomever he was challenging.

6. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    We have 11 chickens in our yard at the moment 6 of them chicks and the other 5 adult hens.

The baby - youngest of the chicks is called Omlet - because she is scrambled. She is a wee bit on the disabled side. Hand hatched and all that and she is constantlt needing extra special care.

We have an PR/ RIR she is a bag of bones no matter what you feed her and she is always eating !!!!!!!!!! We call her Drumstick as there isn;t enough meat on her for anything more than that!!!!

The big girls all have quite normal names - two of them are deffinately charactors. Gerty and Isobella. Gerty is a Cuckoo Maran and Isobella is a Speckled Sussex. They have been known to beat up a Rooster severely and then use his body - Most of the new chicks look incredibly like THEM????? Gerty also likes to Brood mice and attacks you for throwing them out of her nest????? Gerty and Isobella are very much joint top Hens. They do everything together including breacking into the coop??? They are the only ones to need their flight feathers clipped!!! So they have earned the nick name the BUZZARDS!!!!!!!!!!

Oesdog

7. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Florence- chicken name from a book. She's quiet all the time. If she could read she would.

8. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    Hazel - RIR - my coop queen

General Tso - NHR - Named by my son who wanted to name the others Baked, Fried and Broiled

Madge - BO - happens to be a nickname for Margaret. she's the meanest witch in the coop, defers only to Hazel. My step-mothers
    name is Margaret - this in NOT a coincidence.

Dirty Gerty - BO - never cleans herself completely, there is always a piece of poo somewhere on her.

Luca - BO - she was missing half of her feathers when we got her, she was named for the song.

Thing 1 and Thing 2 - SLW's that are never where they are supposed to be

Ruby - RSL - we thought she was a NHR packing peanut rooster we were calling little roo, until the egg appeared.

Moonflower - RSL - the only white on her is at the very tip of her tallest tail feather

Fancy Nancy - 2 RSL's that never leave each others sides - their feather contrasts are so perfect you'd think they were painted on.

Mrs. Harriet Olson - EE - She struts around the yard as if she is the prettiest thing with feathers. Unfortunately she is anything
    but and is the last girl in the pecking order.

9. Elena712

Elena712 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2010
    On A Farm
    Quote:lol what kind of bantam? they can all be like that if they don't have girls to look after

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Mr. Banty Pants was an Old English Rosecomb mix. He had plenty of girls. Unfortunately they were 6-7 lbs and his tiny size did not impress them. He'd take on anything though. Nobody escaped his wrath if they came in 'his 'yard. He escaped the hatchet because he had the courage to run off an invading hawk while the other roosters froze in terror. I saw it all. The hawk nailed one of the hens, and Mr. Banty Pants went into action. He even forgot to pull up his pants before this attack. The young hawk did not know how to react to the tiny black terror. Between me approaching with a shovel and the feathered fury blistering his butt, the hawk scooted out of there. Mr. Banty Pants watched the predator leave with a beady eye. He fluffed his chest, made sure his pants were on, and crowed as loud as he could-which sounded like a squeaky bicycle wheel on steroids.

The hen had her wing amputated but with antibiotics, and Mr. Banty Pants tending to her by bringing her all kinds of multi-legged morsels, she survived. So, Mr. Banty Pants was allowed to continue with his roosterly duties in 'his' yard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by