Chicken newbie- urgent- mareks? Lost 2 chickens suddenly

At their age coccidiosis would be my first concern, and Corid which is the first line of treatment, is harmless if it is not coccidiosis, but it can be a lifesaver. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid Corid per gallon of water for 5 days. Make sure they drink well, or give it with a dropper. It can also be given as a drench in addition to the water treatment, undiluted at 2 drops twice a day.

Sorry everyone, we were trying to get the sick chick to drink water with the Corid, but we finally gave up. She passed last night. We have been giving the other 7 the Corid also of course. They all seem totally normal at this point.

It took the other 2 within an hour or two. I keep telling myself they must have just had weaker immune systems or something. It's hard to not think I did something wrong. But their poop looked normal, they were eating and drinking, I didn't see anything wrong.

I guess at this point I just have to keep doing my best. My kids are devastated. We had a mixed flock and these were 2 breeds and chickens we really loved. We have no ability to add new chickens, no quarantine space (we had the sick chick in an open box last night).

Just really feeling devastated by the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom