Chicken Nipple/Waterers

Quote:
LMAO!

Neil has the best price and fast service, And besides he is a board member. The minimum shipping at those other places gets you every time.

10 threaded nipple drinkers from Farmtek $31.16 shipped

Exact same product 10 threaded drinker nipples from Neil $18.40 SHIPPED!

got ours from Neil, great product, great price and great customer service.
We hooked ours up to a 50 gal drum with pvc..will post pic soon...
BEST PART ...no more poopy water!
ya.gif

Quote:
LMAO!

Neil has the best price and fast service, And besides he is a board member. The minimum shipping at those other places gets you every time.

10 threaded nipple drinkers from Farmtek $31.16 shipped

Exact same product 10 threaded drinker nipples from Neil $18.40 SHIPPED!

wonder where neil gets his? i use the screw in type in a 5 gal bucket am building a pvc pipe sys for next spring
am currently experimenting w diff heaters and buckets w nips to find best winter solution tho

Neil's inbox and PM are full
sad.png

I need those nipples
wink.png

I am just starting my flock, will be getting either 13 or 16 birds.
Looking to start them out with this nipple thing, have 2 in their brooder attached to the bottom of a liter bottle or something similar hanging over the brooder box.
When they are older, will either attach 4 to the bottom of a home depot bucket, or have a line from a bucket to a PVC pipe.

My question for this forum is if I heat the water in the bucket during the winter, will the water in the PVC line freeze?

We use a large open top plastic bucket and the nipples are inserted on the flat bottom of the pail.

Our pail is hanging from the ceiling and a small heater (that can go into the water in the pail)

When we first got the nipples the Chickens did not know what to do. We has a regular
waterer with a heater also.

Now they got the hang of it and they use both of the waterers.

I have my run set up with both the nipple waterers and a couple of the large rabbit waterers with the steel ball in it. My hens prefer the rabbit waterers. They pretty much only use the nipple waterer if the rabbit ones go dry.

Does anyone have issues with algea build up? I have an aquarium heater in my 5 gallon bucket but the lowest setting on the heater is 70 (it's a 50 watt, lowest one they had). I have the heater plugged into a thermo cube. So far it has worked great. It has been down to 5 degrees in the coop and there was a little ice on one of the nipples but it easily broke free. Anyway, I was just wondering about the algea and if that has been an issue for anyone.

Quote:
From my experience, the algae grows more with warmer water.
Was the 50 watt heater for a large or small tank. You can get aquarium heaters for 5 gallon aquariums with low wattage (50 may be the lowest you can get)
You can also try an air bubbler to agitate the water.

Back
Top Bottom