Chicken not coming down to eat, what could be the problem? Help wanted!!

When you have hens not laying you should offer them a high protein feed without calcium to help balance there system. Layer feed have minimal nutritional value and mainly just sustain them and keep there calcium in check for egg production.

You should consider a better quality of feed like Purina, Nutrena, etc.

It's important to check the date on the bag to determine It's freshness.

Last edited:
Since your hen is feeling sluggish, give her a raw yolk with no whites once a day. It should help her to perk up. It will provide some nutritional source and protein. Don't allow the other hens to eat any of it since there doing fine.

Since your hen is feeling sluggish, give her a raw yolk with no whites once a day. It should help her to perk up. It will provide some nutritional source and protein. Don't allow the other hens to eat any of it since there doing fine.
Is boiled yolk alright as well? She really seems to like it and gobbled it up yesterday morning

unfortunately, it’s near winter wear I live so no eggs from my other hens. I can try offering store bought ones if they’re safe

I found the girl today covered in mites :(, I’ll go get the permethrin ready but do you think this may be causing her symptoms?

Back
Top Bottom